Windows 10: How do I get a color profile to stay selected?

Discus and support How do I get a color profile to stay selected? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new laptop HP Spectre x360 and noticed the display was coming across very yellow, especially when using Adobe programs. I found a fix by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MeganC52, Oct 25, 2021.

1. MeganC52 Win User

How do I get a color profile to stay selected?

I have a new laptop HP Spectre x360 and noticed the display was coming across very yellow, especially when using Adobe programs. I found a fix by changing the ICC profile from the system default to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, but I've been having to change this back every single time I use my computer. I tried setting that as the default profile but it still resets no matter what I try, and seems to reset after a certain amount of time even if I haven't powered down or logged off. I'm getting very tired of it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

MeganC52, Oct 25, 2021

2. Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

I have a Lenovo laptop and just recently upgraded back to Windows 10 and now I can not select (highlight) text and let up on the touch pad and have the text remain selected. It goes right back to being unselected. I try again, and same thing happens.
    Eventually it will stay selected. It's driving me nuts. I can't seem to find a setting to address this issue that works. There is also an issue with the color profile from my Spyder LCD calibration tool not staying active and having to start the program
    for the Datacolor Spyder and quitting it after it starts to get the profile to load, and this even after doing all the things possible to make sure it's the system default profile. I get the feeling Windows 10 is a virtual machine hiding in plain sight.

What can I do to get text selection working? What can I do to get Windows 10 makers to fix the Color Management System? Answers, suggestions, or comments welcome.

xowhiplock, Oct 25, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

How do I get a color profile to stay selected? [​IMG]

How do I get a color profile to stay selected? [​IMG]

bobkn, Oct 25, 2021
  4. seth350 Win User

Help Selecting Upgrade Please

Thanks for the suggestion. All of the specs are listed in my profile.
    PSU is 330W

seth350, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I get a color profile to stay selected? - Similar Threads - color profile stay

2. Hi how do I get my screen to stay on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi how do I get my screen to stay on?: I am a teacher and the screen keeps turning off after 1 minute. I have changed the settings to 30 minutes as my class need to keep looking at the screen for longer than 1 minute, It doesn't seem to make any difference which timings I put in as it still turns off after 1...
  3. How do I get a color profile to stay selected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a color profile to stay selected?: I have a new laptop HP Spectre x360 and noticed the display was coming across very yellow, especially when using Adobe programs. I found a fix by changing the ICC profile from the system default to sRGB IEC6196602.1, but I've been having to change this back every single time...
  4. How do I get a color profile to stay selected?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get a color profile to stay selected?: I have a new laptop HP Spectre x360 and noticed the display was coming across very yellow, especially when using Adobe programs. I found a fix by changing the ICC profile from the system default to sRGB IEC6196602.1, but I've been having to change this back every single time...
  5. no colors, only shades of gray, How do I get color back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no colors, only shades of gray, How do I get color back: no colors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-colors-only-shades-of-gray-how-do-i-get-color/f0d451f7-cbdd-496e-aeb2-d02441053445
  6. How do I change the text select color?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the text select color?: When you select text (that it, when you double click a word or hold shift with arrows) the default color is blue. Some websites change this. Is there a way I can do it? If there's a way with WinAero Tweaker, I'd love to hear it too. submitted by /u/PeteyGANG [link]...
  7. ICC Color Profile not staying applied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICC Color Profile not staying applied: Been trying to set up an ICC profile on my desktop as my colors seem washed out. I have an ASUS VG248QE. Every time I apply the profile I can see the change take place but as soon as I close out of color management it reverts back to normal. I check the boxes for using my...
  8. how do i get windows to stay on my computer

how do i get windows to stay on my computer: How do I get windows to stay on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-to-stay-on-my-computer/b2ed4b4b-cda6-4596-aac0-1b3dab99862d
  9. Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active

Text Selection Not Staying Selected / Color Profile Won't Stay Active: I have a Lenovo laptop and just recently upgraded back to Windows 10 and now I can not select (highlight) text and let up on the touch pad and have the text remain selected. It goes right back to being unselected. I try again, and same thing happens. Eventually it will...
  10. How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?

How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?: I consider myself pretty good with computers, but for the life of me, I can't keep my lockscreen image to stay honeycomb. Sure, when I close and shut my computer, I get what I put there, but when I first turn my device on, I get a picture of rocks. 75885