Windows 10: How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?

Discus and support How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I erased my hard drive, I tried to use a ISO image of windows 10 to install it, but it wouldn't install because of some error with settings or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cody Ferguson, Dec 5, 2020.

1. How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?

When I erased my hard drive, I tried to use a ISO image of windows 10 to install it, but it wouldn't install because of some error with settings or something. My point is it didn't work.

So my dad did some stuff and found something on the Microsoft website that make a image of the hard drive base on the serial number of the hard drive.

Could you tell me where that site is and how I use it?

The link to question: I erased my entire hard drive, and my license was gone with it. How do - Microsoft Community

:)

Cody Ferguson, Dec 5, 2020

2. After installation, hard drives display same serial number

Microsoft thinks 2 hard drives on same computer are same hard drive.- Original Title

I have 4 hard drives in my computer with 1 OS loaded on each one.

Two Hard Drives have Windows 10 on them.

One Hard drive is Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10.

One Hard drive is Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10.

But on my Microsoft Account it says:

For Windows 7 Upgrade:

• DESKTOP-5NKAE33
    • MacPro4,1
      • Serial #: H09292S84PD
      • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10586.420)
    For Windows 8 Upgrade:

• MacPro
    • MacPro4,1
      • Serial #: H09292S84PD
      • Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10586.420)

Do you see they have the SAME SERIAL NUMBER? How is this even remotely possible?

RichardGilbertson, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

My PC's hard drive has bit the dust and i cannot remember where my serial number is. Is there a way to get my serial number online??

gavinpotter, Dec 5, 2020
  4. langyaw Win User

How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?

serial number

I also had the same problem. But when I used the IMEI number as serial number, the registration page returned "Invalid Serial Number."

The serial number has only 12 digits, but the IMEI number has 15 digits.

What gives?

Puzzled. How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number? :(?

langyaw, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?

1. How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number? - Similar Threads - digital image hard

2. How to get serial number of laptop ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get serial number of laptop ?: Press windows key type "cmd" > right click > Run as administrator>Type below command , it enter wmic bios get serialnumber https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-serial-number-of-laptop/23dd16fa-b94d-4345-8ec8-a838212c27bd
  3. How to get serial number of laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get serial number of laptop ?: Press windows key type "cmd" > right click > Run as administrator>Type below command , it enter wmic bios get serialnumber https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-serial-number-of-laptop/23dd16fa-b94d-4345-8ec8-a838212c27bd
  4. How to get serial number of laptop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. get machine serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    get machine serial number: Windows 10, desktop system. We replaced a desktop unit over the weekend. Now we need to transfer the accounting software and for that we need the serial number of the machine we replaced. I right clicked start > left clicked Run > typed 'wmic bios get serialnumber' into the...
  6. Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 The Western Digital Hard Drive Serial Killer: 6 not one, two three, four,five but 6. I do say 4 hard drives Western Digital 2 Seagate. All dead due to Windows 10 and its incessant need to run its indexing. Which can not be turned off or disabled and constantly kills them. This is exponentially increased by its incessant...
  7. How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?: When I erased my hard drive, I tried to use a ISO image of windows 10 to install it, but it wouldn't install because of some error with settings or something. My point is it didn't work. So my dad did some stuff and found something on the Microsoft website that make a...
  8. How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get a digital image for my hard drive base on serial number?: When I erased my hard drive, I tried to use a ISO image of windows 10 to install it, but it wouldn't install because of some error with settings or something. My point is it didn't work. So my dad did some stuff and found something on the Microsoft website that make a image...
  9. Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed Hard drive/ Windows serial number: My PC's hard drive has bit the dust and i cannot remember where my serial number is. Is there a way to get my serial number online?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-hard-drive-windows-serial-number/27121fa9-503b-4fcc-96c9-350ef877c1c9
  10. Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows: How to: Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows How to Find Serial Number of Hard Drive in Windows [img] Information Sometimes abbreviated as Serial No., SN or S/N, a serial number is a unique number assigned to the PC by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)...