Windows 10: How do I get a Digital License with a self built OEM install?

Discus and support How do I get a Digital License with a self built OEM install? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Oem key visible in shokey plus but not in firmware. Thisxis s gigabyte motherboard and a self build Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hdtvjeff, Sep 8, 2016.

1. hdtvjeff Win User

How do I get a Digital License with a self built OEM install?

Oem key visible in shokey plus but not in firmware. Thisxis s gigabyte motherboard and a self build

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  2. Superfly Win User

I meant "Check Product Key" of the OEM key - just curious what the edition says..

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
  3. hdtvjeff Win User
    Windows,10 prof retail NOT like otig oem key..generic key ending in 3v66t

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Hmmm,, I'm looking for something like this....

How do I get a Digital License with a self built OEM install? [​IMG]

That is a System builder key

My intention is to check whether the OEM key edition you used forms part of 1511 down-level configuration as it does 1607.

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
  5. hdtvjeff Win User

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  6. Superfly Win User
    Thanx, but we are missing each other here, bud.

I'm not interested in the generic key - just the OEM key you entered to get digital entitlement

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
  7. hdtvjeff Win User
    Once the oem key is entered and digital entitlement or digital license is granted the original key whether MAK retail or oem ceases to exist in registry and only a generic key is extrapolated by my pid key readers

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  8. Superfly Win User

Right....not talking about registry.

A System builder key comes in a nicely bundled package, with sticker and all...

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
  9. hdtvjeff Win User
    So why does your view of a,key pid differ from mine ?

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  10. Superfly Win User
    Each key has a unique pid... post a screenshot so that I can see what's going on.

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
  11. hdtvjeff Win User
    Can you PM me privately ?

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  12. hdtvjeff Win User

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  13. Superfly Win User

Wow!... talk about co-incidence - you have the same issue as the guy I just replied to another thread

You can't use a key from an OEM PC on your self-build - it's illegal (and as we explained before it's tied to the hardware that came with that key after it's activated) - where did you get that key from?

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
  14. hdtvjeff Win User
    Wow !Got the key from an OEM local PC builder in exchange for some memory I,had. He assured me it was a good key. Isnt oem just oem. ? What kind of key do i have and what should i get? I will replace it !!

hdtvjeff, Sep 11, 2016
  15. Superfly Win User
    You have a key that was probably ripped from the bios of a Win 10 PC.

OEM DM keys are not sold, only comes from the factory built-in to the firmware or separately from an OEM service centre. Either way it must come with an OEM PC.

PS: To answer the second question - you need an OEM:NONSLP key (make sure it's sealed) - however I wouldn't trust that guy anyway.

Superfly, Sep 11, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I get a Digital License with a self built OEM install? - Similar Threads - Digital License self

2. How to get back to OEM license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back to OEM license: I have a HP laptop that came with windows 10 home pre activated and when windows 11 came i updated an it got activated automatically by some digital license key now mistakenly follwed a github process to change my windows 11 home to pro i changed all the product key using...
  3. How to get back to OEM license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get back to OEM license: I have a HP laptop that came with windows 10 home pre activated and when windows 11 came i updated an it got activated automatically by some digital license key now mistakenly follwed a github process to change my windows 11 home to pro i changed all the product key using...
  4. How do I get digital license again with new installation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get digital license again with new installation?: So, my laptop came with preinstalled windows 8 which I upgraded to windows 10. Now there is a trojan which is extremely annoying and doesn't goes away even with professional security softwares. If I format my hard drive and re-install windows 10 then it will ask for product...
  5. How do I get digital license again with new installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get digital license again with new installation?: So, my laptop came with preinstalled windows 8 which I upgraded to windows 10. Now there is a trojan which is extremely annoying and doesn't goes away even with professional security softwares. If I format my hard drive and re-install windows 10 then it will ask for product...
  6. How do I get digital license again with new installation?

7. How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?: I am in the process of selling my laptop, which has a Windows 11 Home OEM digital license activated on it. In order to ensure a smooth transfer of ownership, I would like to transfer the activation to the buyer. Could anyone please provide me with step-by-step instructions on...
  8. How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?

How do I Transfer Windows 11 OEM Digital License to Another Account ?: I am in the process of selling my laptop, which has a Windows 11 Home OEM digital license activated on it. In order to ensure a smooth transfer of ownership, I would like to transfer the activation to the buyer. Could anyone please provide me with step-by-step instructions on...
  9. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...
  10. How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key

How to replace digital OEM License with digital Retail License No Product Key: Hi Everyone,I upgraded my desktop, mainboard + cpu + NVMe. I wished to keep NVME but it was not detected on new mobo, I had to change it too. It was bad memory with Manufacturer. I found that new NVMe has OS pre-installed with OEM lic somehow, but I want to transfer my Retail...