Windows 10: How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

Discus and support How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Essentially I want this program (app to reside in my system tray or task bar on windows start up I do know how to start a program with windows ………(but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perfection, Oct 28, 2019.

1. How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

Essentially I want this program (app to reside in my system tray or task bar on windows start up

I do know how to start a program with windows ………(but am not familiar with auto minimizing I to the system tray)

I do not even know where downloaded apps are stored on my laptop

Is the functionality to start in task bar or system tray natively supposed to be in the app or can windows force it to do so?

Can this be achieved with task scheduler too?

Thanks

:)

perfection, Oct 28, 2019

2. Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    unable to dowload apps from microsoft store

Hi,

To resolve the issue with your Windows Store, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

1. How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar - Similar Threads - dowloaded app start

2. How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray: How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-an-icon-on-the-taskbar-to-the-tray/d0bcb916-4bed-4665-ae50-ccd2d58fb50e
  3. How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray: How do I pin an icon on the taskbar to the tray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-an-icon-on-the-taskbar-to-the-tray/d0bcb916-4bed-4665-ae50-ccd2d58fb50e
  4. How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?: How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11? The blue '3' in this image: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-notification-counter-in-the/07d5a8e9-6fd4-4d91-850b-a6411d945b18
  5. How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?

How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11?: How do i remove the notification counter in the taskbar tray in windows 11? The blue '3' in this image: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-notification-counter-in-the/07d5a8e9-6fd4-4d91-850b-a6411d945b18
  6. How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix a disappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?: The system notification tray that resides on the lower right of the taskbar keeps going missing. It only reappears if I do something to change the display, such as changing the resolution. When the notification tray does reappear, it's appearing with icons scrambled and...
  7. How do I fix a dissappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?

How do I fix a dissappearing system notification tray in the taskbar?: The system notification tray that resides on the lower right of the taskbar keeps going missing. It only reappears if I do something to change the display, such as changing the resolution. When the notification tray does reappear, it's appearing with icons scrambled and...
  8. How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar: Essentially I want this program (app to reside in my system tray or task bar on windows start up I do know how to start a program with windows ………(but am not familiar with auto minimizing I to the system tray) I do not even know where downloaded apps are stored on my laptop...
  9. How to move app icon from taskbar to tray

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray: Hi, I'm looking for some way to move icon of any app currently working from the taskbar to tray, like for example Skype (with the new version from Windows Store that feature has been removed) or some other programs that just run in the background doing their thing and I don't...
  10. HH:mm:ss display in Taskbar tray clock - How do I get this?

HH:mm:ss display in Taskbar tray clock - How do I get this?: One of my systems shows the taskbar tray clock with HH:mm:ss - I can't seem to reproduce this on any other systems - what am I missing to do this? Here is the HKCU\Control Panel\International registry entry, with nothing outstanding for time format settings: [img]...