Windows 10: How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

Discus and support How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Essentially I want this program (app to reside in my system tray or task bar on windows start up I do know how to start a program with windows ………(but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perfection, Oct 28, 2019.

1. How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

Essentially I want this program (app to reside in my system tray or task bar on windows start up

I do know how to start a program with windows ………(but am not familiar with auto minimizing I to the system tray)

I do not even know where downloaded apps are stored on my laptop

Is the functionality to start in task bar or system tray natively supposed to be in the app or can windows force it to do so?

Can this be achieved with task scheduler too?

Thanks

:)

perfection, Oct 28, 2019

2. Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    unable to dowload apps from microsoft store

Hi,

To resolve the issue with your Windows Store, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

1. How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar - Similar Threads - dowloaded app start

2. How do I get the date on my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get the date on my taskbar?: I can't find a way the put the date on my taskbar... * Moved from IE10/other https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-date-on-my-taskbar/bcec9fc9-c1d3-4f23-a7a2-f006d543f877
  3. How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get a dowloaded app to start with windows in tray or taskbar: Essentially I want this program (app to reside in my system tray or task bar on windows start up I do know how to start a program with windows ………(but am not familiar with auto minimizing I to the system tray) I do not even know where downloaded apps are stored on my laptop...
  4. How do I get the search window back in the taskbar?

How do I get the search window back in the taskbar?: All of a sudden there's just a huge space between the Microsoft icon and the Cortana icon - there used to be a search window there for apps/programs in my system. It's gone and I do need it. Thoughts?...
  5. How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?

How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?: I accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my hidden icons tray. How do I get it back? I want the link to the "Bluetooth and other devices" settings window, not the Bluetooth on/off toggle option. I know I can click the notifications icon, then right click the Bluetooth...
  6. How to move app icon from taskbar to tray

How to move app icon from taskbar to tray: Hi, I'm looking for some way to move icon of any app currently working from the taskbar to tray, like for example Skype (with the new version from Windows Store that feature has been removed) or some other programs that just run in the background doing their thing and I don't...
  7. HH:mm:ss display in Taskbar tray clock - How do I get this?

HH:mm:ss display in Taskbar tray clock - How do I get this?: One of my systems shows the taskbar tray clock with HH:mm:ss - I can't seem to reproduce this on any other systems - what am I missing to do this? Here is the HKCU\Control Panel\International registry entry, with nothing outstanding for time format settings: [img]...
  8. Windows Mail - How do I Get Started

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail - How do I Get Started: I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 with a POP email account. I have a new desktop running Windows 10. How do I get started? The posts I see when I do a search are mostly dated in 2015. Are there any more-current user guides that would help? I will also want to...
  9. How do I get this computer started

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get this computer started: My wife's ASUS UL80V is in trouble. She chose to install Windows 10 and then forced to have the updates installed. After the most recent update, can't get the machine to start. When we push the power on, things look normal for a few seconds, even the little S/U tune...
  10. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?: I would like to get a screen shot of the start menu. I tried it with the Snipping Tool but when I click on the Snipping Tool, the start menu closes. I have build 10074. 5772