Windows 10: how do i get a new product key

Discus and support how do i get a new product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i threw my old product key out by accident dont blame me its my first laptop and now i need a new product key how does one go about doing that??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NeoSolo, Jun 28, 2020.

1. NeoSolo Win User

how do i get a new product key

So i threw my old product key out by accident dont blame me its my first laptop and now i need a new product key how does one go about doing that??

:)

NeoSolo, Jun 28, 2020

2. How do I get a new product key for Windows 10 update?

Hi Jannat,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with Windows Updates and product key?
    • Are you facing any issues with activation of the software?

If you are willing to purchase product key, I suggest you to purchase it from
    Windows Store
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 28, 2020
  3. How do I get a new product key for Windows 10 update?

Original title: windows 10 update

jannatultamzidaa, Jun 28, 2020
  4. how do i get a new product key

i lost my product key

Hi Bhargav,

There are some ways on how to get your product key. Usually, it will depend on how you get the copy of Windows. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    find your Windows product key. Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the
    steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to get your
    Windows product key.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. how do i get a new product key - Similar Threads - product key

2. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067: I have just built a PC with all new parts. I have deactivated my windows key from my old PC and I am trying to activate windows 10 on my new PC but it's not working It's giving me error code 0x803fa067. One thing to note is that if I try to activate windows 10 on my old PC...
  3. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067: I have just built a PC with all new parts. I have deactivated my windows key from my old PC and I am trying to activate windows 10 on my new PC but it's not working It's giving me error code 0x803fa067. One thing to note is that if I try to activate windows 10 on my old PC...
  4. Transfering product key to new PC not working. Error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...: Hello.To further explain the situation, i have two computers. Both with different hardware configurations. What i want to do is take a new SSD, format it and install windows 11 with the license i already own, and if possible buy and add a second license to that installation...
  6. Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...

Is it possible to add a second product key on a windows 11 installation, in order to use...: Hello.To further explain the situation, i have two computers. Both with different hardware configurations. What i want to do is take a new SSD, format it and install windows 11 with the license i already own, and if possible buy and add a second license to that installation...
  7. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  8. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  9. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  10. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...