Windows 10: How do I get a refund for a non-refundable item?

Discus and support How do I get a refund for a non-refundable item? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My niece is a massive fan of Minecraft and, as it's Christmas, I thought it would be nice for her to have a copy to play on the PC she has access to,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Fiona_UK, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Fiona_UK Win User

How do I get a refund for a non-refundable item?

My niece is a massive fan of Minecraft and, as it's Christmas, I thought it would be nice for her to have a copy to play on the PC she has access to, instead of her having to wait until she goes to her dads and plays it on his console. I bought the Windows 10 version for £24.99 and only then discovered that the PC she has access to isn't actually capable of playing it. It belongs to my parents and they are not gamers. My parents are, understandably, a bit loathe to shell out for a new PC just so she can play one game on it.

I looked into refunds and it appears that digital games are non-refundable. Which seems a bit silly. I have paid £24.99 for something the intended user cannot use and I have no interest in using it myself, so I feel like I should be able to get a refund, although I recognise it is my fault for not checking the compatibility first and in leaving it until Christmas Eve.

:)

Fiona_UK, Dec 24, 2020
  2. missmig Win User

How to get a refund for a "no refund" item

How to get a refund for a "no refund" item? The application is crashing, I'm not interested in keeping it!

missmig, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Refund

In that case, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps in Returning items you bought from Microsoft for exchange or refund.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Dec 24, 2020
  4. How do I get a refund for a non-refundable item?

Refund on item

I resently bought a $40 infinite warfare item that i did not mean to buy and would like to have a refund

JalenMorris, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I get a refund for a non-refundable item?

1. How do I get a refund for a non-refundable item? - Similar Threads - refund non refundable

2. how to get refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get refund: I was trying out the trial and it did not ask me what plan i wanted. I was charged the family plan and charged full price and did not have that in mind. i need to talk about a refund in full and hope i get useful information....
  3. how to get refund

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get refund: I was trying out the trial and it did not ask me what plan i wanted. I was charged the family plan and charged full price and did not have that in mind. i need to talk about a refund in full and hope i get useful information....
  4. How do I get a refund?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a refund?: I purchased Windows 11 Pro for work by mistake and would like to know how can I cancel it and get a refund? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-refund/8e6d2ff4-e6d2-4a2b-ab9d-2bec8f1171c8
  5. How do I get a refund?

How do I get a refund?: I purchased Windows 11 Pro for work by mistake and would like to know how can I cancel it and get a refund? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-refund/8e6d2ff4-e6d2-4a2b-ab9d-2bec8f1171c8
  6. How to get Refund?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to get Refund?: Hi. I wish to apply for a refund on a program I neither wanted or downloaded but for which I've been charged. Regards, Owen Order <Removed for Privacy> [Original Title: Refund]...
  7. I need a refund and how do i get it?

I need a refund and how do i get it?: I Bought a dvd app for my computer and it gives me an error message when i try to download it, how do i get my 14.99 refunded back to me for an app i purchased that does not work? Its Windows media player so i can play dvds on my computer....
  8. Getting refund

Getting refund: How can I get refund for the app that I bought on the Windows Store but didn’t use because couldn’t access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-refund/5766cee3-638b-4e9c-b578-83b33a5abad8
  9. How do I get a refund on a DLC?

How do I get a refund on a DLC?: Hello, I purchased Forza 3 Smoking Tires DLC. After I tried to select "install on my devices" it didn't work. I do not have an XBOX One and only play Forza 3 on my PC. After looking at the system requirements in further detail it says it's only supported on XBOX One :...
  10. How do I get a refund?

How do I get a refund?: I bought the wrong version of Minecraft in a bundle. (Starter edition bundle) How do I receive a full refund on the bundle? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-refund/041c5153-1b48-44f7-80a6-7900c747bd3e