Windows 10: How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

Discus and support How do I get a screenshot of start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to get a screen shot of the start menu. I tried it with the Snipping Tool but when I click on the Snipping Tool, the start menu closes. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fireberd, Apr 30, 2015.

1. fireberd Win User

How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

I would like to get a screen shot of the start menu. I tried it with the Snipping Tool but when I click on the Snipping Tool, the start menu closes. I have build 10074.

:)

fireberd, Apr 30, 2015

2. How do I get screenshot function back?

Right click OneDrive in the Notification area of the Taskbar

Click Settings

Click Auto Save tab

Uncheck - automatically save screenshots I capture to OneDrive.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 30, 2015
  3. How do I get screenshot function back?

As a workaround (this is not a solution), you can use Windows Key (or ALT) + Print Screen Key to capture print screen. ALT+Fn+Print Screen also works. This way you will be able to retain Onedrive functionality also (if Onedrive is the cause)

E for Excel, Apr 30, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Press PrtScn with Start open, then open Paint and press CTRL+V to paste the screenshot in. Then crop it to suit.

Boozad, Apr 30, 2015
  5. z3r010 Win User
    z3r010, Apr 30, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    • Run snipping tool ( If screen appears grayed out, press ESC, if not continue step 2.)
    • Click to open the start menu
    • Hold CTRL and press print Screen. Screen will appear grayed out, ready to capture.

NOTE: This will work with all popup menus ie. Windows Menu, Context menu etc...

topgundcp, Apr 30, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    source: Windows Snipping Tool

Works for start screen in windows 8 too!

Cliff S, Apr 30, 2015
  8. Charlie Win User

open the snip tool bar. on the bottom right is a blue ? and open that has instruction a little ways down on a list of things . snip a menu
    Well all things must pass. This works on Win 7 but now not so much, Thanks for the memories folks

How do I get a screenshot of start menu? [​IMG]
    instructions still work but the path to finding them no work no more. Imagine that?

Charlie, Apr 30, 2015
  9. Hmmmm, that opens a Bing search for 'Windows 10' for me - not what I expected ... snipping tool opens a Bing search, but then again, I'm running the pure bleeding Edge browser (IE 11 turned off in Features).

I'll try Cliff S's suggestion next (the full screen / crop works)
    Ctrl + PrtScn then New button to capture works here
    but
    *Start + PrtScn gives me a full screen capture.

offTopic: When I was testing this, I went to capture All Apps, but ..... there aren't any ¿?¿
    Time to restart Explorer or the machine *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 30, 2015
  10. Thanks for this topgundcp as I have used the snipping tool a lot but could never figure how to capture pop up menus.

IownAmoneyPit, Apr 30, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
  12. Thanks to everyone who offered a solution here. I too have struggled to capture screenshots of menus. I tried Screenpresso but couldn't get on with it.

Such a simple thing to do once you know how.

SaggyMaggyPoo, May 1, 2015
  13. fireberd Win User

I posted a thank you to everyone but for some reason it didn't get posted.

Let me add my thanks now/Jack

fireberd, May 2, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Just thought I'd share this one with ya!

'Greenshot' screen capture utility lets you freeze and capture anything on any screen pressing PrtScn.

Greenshot

... including mouse hover tips and animations:

Edwin, May 2, 2015
  15. Boozad Win User
    That looks interesting, I may give that a go.

Boozad, May 2, 2015
Thema:

1. How do I get a screenshot of start menu? - Similar Threads - screenshot start menu

2. how do i get my start menu to show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my start menu to show up?: I just got an update for windows 11 and now neither the start button nor search button will work on the tool bar. I also tried pressing the windows button on the keyboard and it won't work either. How do i get the start menu back?...
  3. how do i get my start menu to show up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my start menu to show up?: I just got an update for windows 11 and now neither the start button nor search button will work on the tool bar. I also tried pressing the windows button on the keyboard and it won't work either. How do i get the start menu back?...
  4. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  5. How do I get THIS start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get THIS start menu?: https://winaero.com/blog/tip-enable-or-disable-submenus-inside-the-start-menu-in-windows-10/ This looks like an ideal combination of the many Start Menu paradigms. Cascading programs from the 95 menu, tiles from 10, etc. submitted by /u/GameMusic [link] [comments]...
  6. how do I get my Start Menu back

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get my Start Menu back: How do I get my start menu back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-start-menu-back/df4065de-17b7-4e29-a2ba-a92dca50d907
  7. How do I change the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wooden_chest [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2r5d6/how_do_i_change_the_start_menu/
  8. How to make screenshot of the start menu?

How to make screenshot of the start menu?: I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure: Open "SnippingTool" Set a delay, say, 5 seconds Click "New" Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot. However, after the...
  9. How do i customize the start menu?

How do i customize the start menu?: So basically what i want to do, is to remove everything from the start menu, and add what i want. I dont want to see a list of all apps i have or whatever else it shows me. I just want it gone, plain and simple, and to add what i feel is important. Under "Most used" i...
  10. How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?: Folks, I do not show any of the flyouts (the right caret >) on my start menu items like file explorer or Control Panel. I am sure I turned them off somewhere along the way but not sure where. [img] 2120

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to screnshot start menu