Windows 10: How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer

Discus and support How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lewiswilford, Dec 10, 2018.

1. How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer

How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer

:)

lewiswilford, Dec 10, 2018

2. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck.
    Suggestions welcome.

SteveEayrs1, Dec 10, 2018
  3. bha19 Win User
    no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

bha19, Dec 10, 2018
  4. How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer

HDMI Monitor not connecting to Laptop *No Signal*

Hi guys

I have two monitors connected to my laptop - one connected via HDMI and the other connected via VGA. Yesterday both worked 100% fine and have done for months. This morning, the HDMI monitor did not switch on while the VGA connected monitor worked fine. I
    have googled/youtube'd and tried everything I've come across:

- Tried restarting with just the HDMI connected

- Tried updating/installing the latest graphic driver

- Tried installing the latest monitor drivers

- Tried plugging in/checking all cables

- Tried switching the HDMI for one I know is working

- Tried installing a Driver Update manager - ran the scan - all good with the drivers

The VGA connects just fine but the HDMI always throws up the issue "No Signal".

One thing I have noticed is that yesterday, I could right click the volume option and select which of the devices I wanted to use but today that option has disappeared.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

GrantAbernethy, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer

1. How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer - Similar Threads - signal connecting HDMI

2. Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tv connected to pc as monitor no hdmi signal after factori reset: Hi, i have a pc and i connected The tv as monitor because i dont own a monitor then i did a factory reset Reset this PC option and then îs saying me no hdmi signal, it dont allow me to look at reset menu from tv and now my tv is blocked on this screen and i cant do anything...
  3. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  4. Monitor connected through surface dock via HDMI displays "no signal" when connected to...

Monitor connected through surface dock via HDMI displays "no signal" when connected to...: Hi all...I have been using my Surface Laptop to connect through two monitors, one Samsung and the other Acer, via HDMI cables plugged into the Surface Dock. For the first few weeks, I was having no difficulty. However, I sat down last night to use the set-up and both...
  5. no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi

no sound after connection dell monitor through hdmi: I connect my laptop to 21 inch dell monitor to view things in bigger screen through HDMI port. Before clean install windows 10 20h2 I could hear sound from connected speakers when monitor is connected. When I first connected monitor before clean install it installed a driver...
  6. Monitor not getting signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not getting signal: I'm having issues getting my HDMI monitor to show a signal. I've tried a lot of options already that have been listed on the internet but I'm not having luck. Basically, I have a TV I was using last night with the HDMI cable (Display Port - HDMI) to my pc with no problem. I...
  7. Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI: I can't find the solution, computer have latest window 10 updates, latest drivers and firmware and still does blue screens all the time. This is the latest dump file from just moments ago https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obfgvu0vddc88tr/AAAVYuJjytBXF7EdfziQ7L5qa?dl=0 Is a...
  8. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV...
  9. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to...
  10. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal: Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck. Suggestions welcome....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell monitor have to turn off and then on for hdmi

2. connect dell xps desktop to a monitor with hdmi cable

3. no signal dell

4. dell 5530 bios hdmi connection problems,
  5. How to Switch to HDMI On Dell Monitor,
  6. attach hdmi monitor to dell 5530,
  7. dell hdmi not connecting,
  8. how to get hdmi on computer,
  9. how to know when a hdmi monitor is connected to a computer with hdmi ?,
  10. turning hdmi on dell computer,
  11. how to access hdmi drive on dell computer,
  12. how to use an xps laptop as a second display for an xps desktop with hdmi,
  13. how to switch to hdmi setting on dell monitor,
  14. no hdmi signal from laptop to monitor dell,
  15. dell computer connections using hdmi