Windows 10: How do I get a windows 10 product key from an old ssd

Discus and support How do I get a windows 10 product key from an old ssd in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an old ssd with windows 10, I took it out of my computer and threw away my computer, now I have my ssd and am in windows. how do I figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fireking6577, Apr 8, 2021.

1. How do I get a windows 10 product key from an old ssd

I have an old ssd with windows 10, I took it out of my computer and threw away my computer, now I have my ssd and am in windows. how do I figure out the product key?

:)

fireking6577, Apr 8, 2021
  2. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Apr 8, 2021
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Reza_W Win User

How do I get a windows 10 product key from an old ssd

Windows 10 product key

My Windows 10 was installed on an SSD and long story short my SSD fail so i replaced it with a new one, i removed the old SSD with everything in it without delleting or uninstalling it because i think the SSD couldn't handle the processes anymore and i asked
    the official service center of my Laptop to reinstall my Windows 10 along with my new SSD, but when it finished it came out with a different product ID which is no longer the original OEM ID, now i think its a retail ID and i managed to get the product key
    using third party software named produkey and it shows 2 product key the first one named Windows (BIOS OEM key) and the second one is named Windows 10 Home Single Language, the one being used is the Windows 10 Home Single Language key, the only Hardware change
    is the new SSD and i removed one of the two memory module before i submit my Laptop to the service center.

My question is :

1. can i change/reuse my OEM key again? i if could how should i do it ?
    2. if i managed to use my old OEM key then what would happen to the currently installed key ? could i use it to other PC ?
    3. from the Settings > Updates & security > Activation said my Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account, so if i used the OEM key again could i link it to my microsoft account ? could my microsoft account linked to more
      than one digital license ?

Reza_W, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

How do I get a windows 10 product key from an old ssd

1. How do I get a windows 10 product key from an old ssd - Similar Threads - product key old

2. How do i get product key for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get product key for windows 10 pro: How do i get product key for windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-product-key-for-windows-10-pro/a19381ec-26d4-445e-a5e7-b2cde6c4b1d7
  3. How do i get product key for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get product key for windows 10 pro: How do i get product key for windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-product-key-for-windows-10-pro/a19381ec-26d4-445e-a5e7-b2cde6c4b1d7
  4. How do i get product key for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD - How do I retrieve Windows Key from an old SSD drive?

BSOD - How do I retrieve Windows Key from an old SSD drive?: My 11 year old computer will not boot due to "Bad System Config Info". I've tried System Restore, tried Resetting This PC, tried restarting in safe mode but no joy. I have just completed a new pc build with an Intel i7 13700 and a Z790 motherboard and would like to install...
  6. BSOD - How do I retrieve Windows Key from an old SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - How do I retrieve Windows Key from an old SSD drive?: My 11 year old computer will not boot due to "Bad System Config Info". I've tried System Restore, tried Resetting This PC, tried restarting in safe mode but no joy. I have just completed a new pc build with an Intel i7 13700 and a Z790 motherboard and would like to install...
  7. BSOD - How do I retrieve Windows Key from an old SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I get my Windows 10 product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get my Windows 10 product key?: How do I get my Windows 10 product key? I purchased Windows 10 Pro in 2019 from the OneStore and the documentation states that the product key should be in the confirmation email, but it is not. I checked. I clicked on the order in my order history and it is a broken link....
  9. How do I get my Windows 10 Product Key?

How do I get my Windows 10 Product Key?: Hey there! I've got an issue with my laptop. Try as I may, I'm unable to update Windows 10 to the latest version since the last month or so. On further research, I found out that 'MAYBE' my previous Windows system update files got corrupted have no idea how though.... I...
  10. win7 to Windows 10 from USB. How do i get the product Key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win7 to Windows 10 from USB. How do i get the product Key.: Hello ten-forum. After i installed my windows 10 from my USB, it ask about the product key.. i tried the product key under my laptop but that didn't work maybe because its a win7 key. i tried a lot of those program/notepads vbs. things but those keys which came up didn't...