Windows 10: how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted

Discus and support how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyThunderCaterina12, Oct 3, 2019.

1. how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted

how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted

:)

TonyThunderCaterina12, Oct 3, 2019
  2. RajuRanju Win User

To restrict access to C drive in windows 10

Hi, I want to restrict access to some folders in C drive. How to do the same. And please let me know if any third party application ?? And how to use bitlocker.

RajuRanju, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    c-drive not accessible, access denied

Hi,

To better understand the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• How are you trying to access (Chow do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted :) Drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • If possible, kindly send us a screenshot of the complete error message you're getting.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Oct 3, 2019
  4. how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted

The C: drive is still accessible, even though it is restricted via group policy

Hi All,

I have a strange issue. I have a GPO configured that restricts access to the C:\.

It hides the drive from the user within File Explorer, and you cannot search for the drive from within File Explorer Search. It errors to say that the drive is restricted, which is correct.

However, if you use the Cortana Search box in the Windows Taskbar, you can search and open C: and access the files within.

We have the "Hide these specified drives in My Computer" policy option set to "Pick one of the following combinations: Restrict C drive only".

Thanks

Graham

Graham Hodgetts, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted

1. how do I get access to my c drive. I am restricted - Similar Threads - access drive restricted

2. How do i access my Windows C:?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i access my Windows C:?: I am not able to open it, it gives me the response "C:/ is not accessible, Access is denied." Which everything worked fine, but the problems started after i factory reset my computer, not for selling though, to keep. So what am i supposed todo to have access to my Windows C:?...
  3. How do i access my Windows C:?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i access my Windows C:?: I am not able to open it, it gives me the response "C:/ is not accessible, Access is denied." Which everything worked fine, but the problems started after i factory reset my computer, not for selling though, to keep. So what am i supposed todo to have access to my Windows C:?...
  4. i can't get access to my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't get access to my C drive: i can't get access to my C drive and i have tried all the methods online and it didnt work i got hacked today and i immediately went to users and removed the one that i dont recognize and i accidentally removed myself as well out of panic so im stuck now...
  5. i can't get access to my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't get access to my C drive: i can't get access to my C drive and i have tried all the methods online and it didnt work i got hacked today and i immediately went to users and removed the one that i dont recognize and i accidentally removed myself as well out of panic so im stuck now...
  6. Restrict Access to Drive C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict Access to Drive C: Hello! I bought a laptop for my 8y/o son for his online schooling. I have Windows 10 Home and I added him as Family account. I'd like to restrict his access to Drive C where Windows is installed but still be able to use apps that he needs for school that are also...
  7. c drive how do i get 8g of it please

c drive how do i get 8g of it please: how do I get 8 g of my c drive thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-how-do-i-get-8g-of-it-please/05370343-ed30-4987-a1f7-3ee605d020f6
  8. Why am I denied access to C: Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why am I denied access to C: Drive?: I am denied access in the command editor to my C drive. All others are fine. The Tecra i5 has other general access issues and will not accept remote connection from Microsoft. All System report states is 1 or more drivers may be out of date or missing. I have a clean...
  9. How do I extend my C drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I extend my C drive?: I have two partitions in my laptop - C (100 gigs) & D (400 gigs). Can I use Win 10 disk management to 'shrink volume' in D say 200 gigs and then use extend volume in C to add the available space to C drive? Do I need to backup my existing data in D and C before performing the...
  10. how to I restrict access to a folder?

how to I restrict access to a folder?: Like can I AT LEAST require users to enter an admin password again??? idk why is option is not available. like maybe I want someone to help edit something on my main account but like you know some stuff is off limits....