Windows 10: How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites?

Discus and support How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I currently have a combined set of links on the favorites bar. How do I get all the machines to sync to the same set of favorites? I've repeatedly... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Warwick, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Warwick Win User

How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites?

I currently have a combined set of links on the favorites bar. How do I get all the machines to sync to the same set of favorites? I've repeatedly tried deleting favorites from one machine or another but they keep coming back.

:)

Warwick, Dec 28, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Dec 28, 2015
  3. How do I set all folders to the same View?

Hello Ronnie Vernon

Thanks for your suggestion and instruction. I did that again, but it is not strong enough of a result. Even when I make a new folder it automatically makes it with 'Detail' instead of just List.

I appreciate that you took time to give me your input. Hugs on your neck.

Doyle

DoyleAllen, Dec 28, 2015
  4. How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites?

I think I've run into what your inquiring about. I delete a link on my favorites bar and it comes back all on its own. Synced from my other PC. Try this. Turn off the sync setting for IE on all PC's. Then edit your favorites bar the way you want on one PC. Then go to the other PC's and delete the favorites bar folder. Now turn sync back on for IE on each PC. The one PC with actual favorites bar should sync to the others.

alphanumeric, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Warwick Win User
    Thanks! I'll try this.

Warwick, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Mark it solved if you want to, its your thread. People can still post to it even if its marked solved. But if it is marked solved they may just start their own thread. The other option is to just unsubscribe from the thread. Then you won't get any notification e-mails for this thread.

alphanumeric, Dec 28, 2015
  7. What I've noticed is if you add a short cut with sync turned on, it's added to all your PC's with sync enabled. Delete one on one PC and its not deleted on all PC's, it's just deleted on that PC. Then it gets synced back from the other PC. That's what seems to be happening for me. I hardly ever have my laptop and desktop PC on at the same time, I don't know if that matters or changes how it works. Sometimes I see a delay before the shortcuts pop back up again. I used to think this was a really cool feature. not so much lately.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites?

1. How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites? - Similar Threads - machines sync same

2. How can I undo sync in Edge to get my old favorites back?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I undo sync in Edge to get my old favorites back?: I have lost some favourites when sync updated itself in Microsoft Edge. How can I undo sync in Edge to get my old favorites back? 180199
  3. How do I truly disable syncing settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I truly disable syncing settings?: Despite disabling everything in account settings and unlinking onedrive, no matter what when I do a fresh install of Windows 10 and log in with my account, it still changes the wallpaper and themes. I have no other computers atm which I am logged into/linked with, why is this...
  4. how do favorites get an icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do favorites get an icon: how does a favorite get an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-favorites-get-an-icon/aeb8e0b0-61d0-442e-a013-95f743ede5e7
  5. How to Sync Edge Favorites - all settings correct but no go ?!?!?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Sync Edge Favorites - all settings correct but no go ?!?!?: Good evening all, A few weeks ago I reinstalled Win10 on my Notebook and Surface Go. But unfortunately my Edge Favorites still did not Synchronise :-( My Notebook settings are: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My SurfaceGo settings are: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I rebooted several...
  6. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  7. Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login?

in Browsers and Email
    Sync favorites between PCs using the same Windows login?: When I first moved to Windows 10 my Phone and PC (Both using the latest stable build) used to sync their internet favorites. I have no idea how I set this up, I think that it was just done automatically by Windows because I logged on to both using the same outlook.Com email...
  8. get syncing of favorites to work

in Browsers and Email
    get syncing of favorites to work: Has anyone been able to get the advertised syncing of favorites to work? I have Edge on two pc's and one ultra-light, and a windows phone. All are set to sync but no favorites have synced as yet. Latest fall update has been running for a week on all computers and phone has...
  9. Where and how are Favorites synced

in Browsers and Email
    Where and how are Favorites synced: I am running Windows 10. My Favorites are different in Microsoft Edge than IE. In the past I did sync IE. I have never added any Favorites to Microsoft Edge. How are the Favorites Synced ? Where is Edge getting the Favorites from vs where IE is getting the Favorites...
  10. How do I get all selected files to open in the same window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get all selected files to open in the same window?: I use Image Expert to open and edit photo files. First I open Image Expert. Then I go to the files I want to open. Before I upgraded to Windows 10, using the Control key as always I could select up to (at least) ten jpegs and choose "open". All of them would open in the same...