Windows 10: How Do I get ALL of my Favourite Icons on one level of the Bottom Tray

Discus and support How Do I get ALL of my Favourite Icons on one level of the Bottom Tray in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In the new windows 10, I notice that I suddenly have to back and forth between two levels on my bottom tray, to find the icons that I need. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by midela, Jul 29, 2015.

1. midela Win User

How Do I get ALL of my Favourite Icons on one level of the Bottom Tray

In the new windows 10, I notice that I suddenly have to back and forth between two levels on my bottom tray, to find the icons that I need. How do I get ALL the icons that I need, first of all,
    and then, how do I get them ALL on the same level?

:)

midela, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Butch214 Win User

How to get the battery icon in the system tray on Windows 10.Icon

Original Title: bottom right icon tray in windows 10

not long after l downloaded windows 10 the icon for the battery level left the icon tray and went to the 'hidden icon tray'.

not a big deal really, it's just that l am not techy enough in windows 10 to figure out how to put it back in the bottom right icon tray after months of trying periodically.

Could someone please tell me how to accomplish the above mentioned task?

Thank you

Butch214, Jul 29, 2015
  3. How can I hide the icons on the right bottom, of my windows10?

I assume that you are talking about taskbar icons.

To hide/show them use the following steps:

• open Settings
    • Then navigate to System>Notifications and Icons
    • Click on "Select which icons appear on the Taskbar"
    • Now click on off if you want to hide some icons.
    • Make the desired changes and you are done.
    • Similarly adjust the system Icons settings.
    hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Can you provide a picture (screen capture) of what you mean please?

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. brainout Win User
    Here's how
    1. Create a toolbar and put the icons in it. To get everyone to fit on one line, don't have more than say 50 in a toolbar. But you can have multiple toolbars.Example: make 50 or fewer desktop shortcuts, rename them as you choose, then right click on the desktop View uncheck Show Desktop Icons, right click taskbar, Toolbars (i.e., New or Desktop): then all the shortcuts will be in it.
    2. Make sure 'Lock Toolbars' is off, then SHORTEN the toolbar so that the chevron shows.

3. Click on the chevron, and your icons have become menu'd. If you right click the menu, you can sort the icons by name and even still rename those you want, so you get the order of the icons you want, precisely named as you want in the order as you want. Your own START MENU as it used to be, under XP. You can still change the icons using shell32.dll from Windows 7 or XP or imageres, also in System32, not to be confused with files of the same name in the later Win8 or 10. You can use ANY icons, even the old Plus! from Win95.

Click here for a video where I show that (first 14 minutes). So notice that the 'overflow' goes to the menu, avoiding the problem of two lines, yet there are two toolbars taking up only ONE line (Quick Launch and Desktop, in the video, works the same way in Windows 10). Good thing, because Windows 10 offers almost no customizability (MSFT is callous to remove customizability).

The trick works in Windows 7-10 (Win7 shown, but I did it in 10, just don't have the screen recorder yet).

When you got the line as you like, lock the toolbars.

By the way, if you like top and bottom toolbars like you can do in XP, you can in fact install (post Win10 install) one of those classic 1990's et seq office suites like MS Office 2003 (which Windows Updates will still update, shocker) or like Smart Suite 9.8.2. Both of them have toolbars, which you can stuff with any other icons you like. So far, I've had no trouble with the toolbars, in 64-bit Win10 (build 10240, but winver.exe says I'm activated, since I gave Win10 my Win8 key upon initial Insider joining).

brainout, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How Do I get ALL of my Favourite Icons on one level of the Bottom Tray - Similar Threads - Favourite Icons level

2. how do I restore my favourites icons on the top bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore my favourites icons on the top bar: how can I restore my icons to the task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-favourites-icons-on-the-top/785e0bf9-493b-48fd-9964-10c9e871f17a
  3. how do I restore my favourites icons on the top bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I restore my favourites icons on the top bar: how can I restore my icons to the task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-favourites-icons-on-the-top/785e0bf9-493b-48fd-9964-10c9e871f17a
  4. how do I restore my favourites icons on the top bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do i get my icons back to the bottom of my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my icons back to the bottom of my desktop: i do i get my icons back on the bottom of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-icons-back-to-the-bottom-of-my/96b9a554-e116-4caa-a90e-4363263177c9
  6. how do i get my icons back to the bottom of my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my icons back to the bottom of my desktop: i do i get my icons back on the bottom of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-icons-back-to-the-bottom-of-my/96b9a554-e116-4caa-a90e-4363263177c9
  7. how do i get my icons back to the bottom of my desktop

8. Defender Icon is no longer showing in my tray. How do I get it back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Icon is no longer showing in my tray. How do I get it back?: My Defender icon is no longer showing on the bottom right side of Taskbar. System tray is what I think it's called.How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-icon-is-no-longer-showing-in-my-tray-how/971ff284-ac9c-4324-9173-ba9d25717ace
  9. How do I get a microphone icon to display on the system tray?

How do I get a microphone icon to display on the system tray?: How do I get a microphone icon to display on the system tray? I find the speaker icon on the system tray very useful - it tells me if the speaker is on or off. I would like something similar for my internal laptop microphone - I would like to know if it is on or off, as I...
  10. How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?

How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?: I accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my hidden icons tray. How do I get it back? I want the link to the "Bluetooth and other devices" settings window, not the Bluetooth on/off toggle option. I know I can click the notifications icon, then right click the Bluetooth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my favourite photos