Windows 10: How do I get all selected files to open in the same window?

Discus and support How do I get all selected files to open in the same window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Image Expert to open and edit photo files. First I open Image Expert. Then I go to the files I want to open. Before I upgraded to Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JAMESKIRWAN, Mar 10, 2016.

1. How do I get all selected files to open in the same window?

I use Image Expert to open and edit photo files. First I open Image Expert. Then I go to the files I want to open. Before I upgraded to Windows 10, using the Control key as always I could select up to (at least) ten jpegs and choose "open". All of them would open in the same Image Expert window, which I NEED TO HAPPEN. Now with the upgrade, rather than getting ten pictures in one Image Expert window, I get ten Image Expert windows with one picture each! I need to be able to compare multiple photos right next to each other: this makes it impossible.

The only way I can find to get all pictures in one Image Expert window is to right-click each picture individually and then find "open" or "open with" in the options window and click that too. If I am opening, say, ten pictures that is now twenty clicks plus a lot of mouse action. Aint nobody got time for that! Is there a way to do this or am I going to be irritated for the rest of my life?

Note: The folder options do not have an option that says "open all files in the same window."

Help?

:)

JAMESKIRWAN, Mar 10, 2016

2. How do i get a folder to open in the same posistion and size as when I closed it?

I am using windows 10 and I want my folders to open up in the same position and size as they were when I last closed them.

Is it possible to do this?

deltaflyer24, Mar 10, 2016
  3. How do i get a folder to open in the same posistion and size as when I closed it?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand that wanted to get a folder to open in the same position and size as when you close it
    Windows 10. I will be happy to assist you with this.

To assist you further with this issue, please let us know the following information.

• Is it a particular folder or an Application that you are referring to ?
    Unfortunately it is not possible in Windows10 and I would suggest you to provide feedback regarding the same using
    Feedback App.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Mar 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

How do I get all selected files to open in the same window?

Hello *Smile

This may be something you need to feedback to "Image Expert". It reads as if the File>Open menu in Image Expert is not working correctly, the program may need to be updated for W10.

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
  5. Just for grins I would try running Image Expert As Administrator. Also look in the options for Image Expert for anything that looks like "single instance" or only opening one copy of the program.

Another thing to try is select a bunch of images with control click as usual then right click and select Open or hit Enter.

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I get all selected files to open in the same window?

1. How do I get all selected files to open in the same window? - Similar Threads - selected files open

2. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?: I cannot seem to selet the right file. I upgraded my MB, RAM and cpu. The business i bought it from fixed the bios settings for me to be able to use a 13th gen cpu. But now at home I cannot get pas the advanced mode. When I want to exit it says please select the same file to...
  3. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?: I cannot seem to selet the right file. I upgraded my MB, RAM and cpu. The business i bought it from fixed the bios settings for me to be able to use a 13th gen cpu. But now at home I cannot get pas the advanced mode. When I want to exit it says please select the same file to...
  4. How do I select the same ME file to update the firmware?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I get windows to open a file from my computer when that's what I select and not go...

How do I get windows to open a file from my computer when that's what I select and not go...: OneDrive is overly invasive. Even when I explicitly click on a local file not the version in onedrive, it pulls up the version in onedrive. I only want my files backed up to onedrive. If I open a file from my computer not onedrive, that's the copy I want to use. How do I get...
  6. How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?: For some reason whenever I select multiple files, for example 2 videos, only one video gets opened. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do this. submitted by /u/Killjoy3879 [link] [comments]...
  7. How do I get this JAR file to open?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get this JAR file to open?: I have a JAR file - a small software design app I have used for years - that will not open. It has become associated with Internet Explorer [ATTACH] so when I try to run it I only get [ATTACH] Even if I copy the JAR file right next to JAVA.EXE I get the same result....
  8. How Do I "Select All" in Microsoft Photos

How Do I "Select All" in Microsoft Photos: Hi Can anyone tell me how to "Select All" when I have imported photos into Microsoft Photos to place on Storyboard and also how to "Select All" on Storyboard so I can create a "duration" time of 7 secs for each photo when creating a video. 119362
  9. How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get all machines to sync to same set of favorites?: I currently have a combined set of links on the favorites bar. How do I get all the machines to sync to the same set of favorites? I've repeatedly tried deleting favorites from one machine or another but they keep coming back. 35518
  10. How get files to open in same open application

How get files to open in same open application: I've been using a Photostyler image editing program for many years. On Windows XP and previous OP systems, if you click on sequential (say *.jpg) files in Explorer, the first file you click on opens PhotoStyler and displays the image; then subsequent files clicked on opens...