Windows 10: How do I get all the items in a folder and its subfolders?

Discus and support How do I get all the items in a folder and its subfolders? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a folder with about 35 subfolders in it, each containing some files. Is there a way to move every file at once, instead of going through each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lophlo, Jan 28, 2021.

1. /u/lophlo Win User

How do I get all the items in a folder and its subfolders?

I have a folder with about 35 subfolders in it, each containing some files. Is there a way to move every file at once, instead of going through each folder and selecting and moving all of them?

submitted by /u/lophlo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lophlo, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Lu_Q Win User

Emails not sync in win10 outlook in subfolders through Rules

Thank you for your suggestion.

I've followed that step, but no go 4 me.

The emails in the Inbox and Sent Items are synced well, but emails in the subfolders* not.

*subfolders: in the Inbox, I create a folder which is used to receive emails following certain rules.

3. dalchina Win User
    Removing items from a lot of folders.

Hi, you might find this of interest:

I quite like the idea of using Windows search to list all items, then copy all found items to a new folder.
    Simple.

How to Copy Files from Multiple Sub-folders to a Single Folder? >> Winhelponline
    How to move or copy Files in Multiple Sub-Folders to a Single Folder and Output result to .txt - IT Programming - Spiceworks
    Windows - How to move all files in subfolders to a parent folder? - Super User

dalchina, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Control panel folder with subfolder list, in start menu - old style

Or...
    Have Control Panel reside in the 'Most used' list and populate the 'jump list' with the items you want.

How do I get all the items in a folder and its subfolders? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I get all the items in a folder and its subfolders? - Similar Threads - items folder subfolders

2. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?: Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder lists the details I want displayed then choose the "View" option I want...
  3. How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I actually "apply this template to all subfolders"?: Yes, I know, right click on a folder, select "Properties" then the "Customize" tab, then click "Always apply..." However, it never works. For example, I'll try to organize my music files so each folder lists the details I want displayed then choose the "View" option I want...
  4. How do I set Windows Explorer folders to arrange all subfolders at the top and all files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Windows Explorer folders to arrange all subfolders at the top and all files...: I would like to set all Windows Explorer folders in the following way:1 All subfolders should appear at the top of a folder.2 All files in a folder should appear chronologically with the latest modified at the top.How do I set this up without doing any complex coding, through...
  5. How do I set Windows Explorer folders to arrange all subfolders at the top and all files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set Windows Explorer folders to arrange all subfolders at the top and all files...: I would like to set all Windows Explorer folders in the following way:1 All subfolders should appear at the top of a folder.2 All files in a folder should appear chronologically with the latest modified at the top.How do I set this up without doing any complex coding, through...
  6. How do I move all subfolders into the main folder for a lot of main folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I move all subfolders into the main folder for a lot of main folders?: I have 1800 main folders, around 1000 or so of those have a subfolder in them with the same name always the same name.These subfolders have the files which are not picked up by the program I use because it is not in the main folder. I have looked into changing the directory...
  7. Move all subtitles files out of its subfolder into main folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move all subtitles files out of its subfolder into main folder: I have just under 2,000 RARBG movies and I've manually downloaded them. Most of them are not re-named (I prefer this way) so they're downloaded as it is. Each movie folder has its own subfolder that contains subtitles files like this:...
  8. How can I get Read permissions for all subfolders and files in a folder at once?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get Read permissions for all subfolders and files in a folder at once?: I have an old corrupt Windows folder that I am trying to delete from a hard drive. This is what the permissions settings for the folder looks like: [ATTACH] As you can see, both administrators and users have full control, applying to "This folder, subfolders, and files",...
  9. How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Add SORT BY Items to Every Subfolder in a Folder?: Hello, I am using Windows 10 v.1803 (build 17134.345). I have a folder with 20 subfolders. In one of those folders, I've added two options to the Sort By context menu (Type, and Total File Size). Is it possible to add those two options to all of those 20 subfolders at once,...
  10. How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to view thumbnails of all the videos in subfolders of a folder?: I have a folder which contains subfolders. The subfolders contain videos. I'd like to see thumbnails of all the videos in the subfolders without having to go into each one. Is there a way to do that? 94661