Windows 10: How do I get an activation key?

Discus and support How do I get an activation key? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I had PC laptops put together my PC for me and they installed windows but said they were unable to activate it on my behalf. They didn't give me an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spilly_sock_spock, Sep 24, 2020.

1. How do I get an activation key?

So I had PC laptops put together my PC for me and they installed windows but said they were unable to activate it on my behalf. They didn't give me an activation or product key and claim that I should be able to buy one on the microsoft store but I can't find the option to buy the key alone. I called microsoft and they said that I would need to refer to PC laptops because they don't sell the keys separately. Has anyone experienced this back and forth with this same situation before? I can't find any answers anywhere.

submitted by /u/spilly_sock_spock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spilly_sock_spock, Sep 24, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 24, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Sep 24, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

How do I get an activation key?

Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I get an activation key?

1. How do I get an activation key? - Similar Threads - activation key

2. Windows falsely claims activation key was used multiple times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows falsely claims activation key was used multiple times.: I just got sent a new laptop from my workplace to replace an old one and despite HR not having an issue during setup down in Georgia last week, when I opened it up here in NC it started complaining about the product key being used on another device. My best guess is the MS...
  3. Windows falsely claims activation key was used multiple times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows falsely claims activation key was used multiple times.: I just got sent a new laptop from my workplace to replace an old one and despite HR not having an issue during setup down in Georgia last week, when I opened it up here in NC it started complaining about the product key being used on another device. My best guess is the MS...
  4. Windows falsely claims activation key was used multiple times.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why I can't activate with genuine key?: **** you and your activation !I won't s*ck with this all the day , instead i will activate with a CRACK program, so much for your "activation" So if you want to more genuine Windows then first make this process useful instead of useless !...
  6. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't activate with genuine key?: **** you and your activation !I won't s*ck with this all the day , instead i will activate with a CRACK program, so much for your "activation" So if you want to more genuine Windows then first make this process useful instead of useless !...
  7. Why I can't activate with genuine key?

8. Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...: So I recently spoofed my hardware and then reset it, now. Running SFC /Scannow:Goes up to 100% then says Windows Resource Protection could not complete the requested action or whatever.Also in title says more. Please help....
  9. Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...

Windows 11 Activation Key Error. Error: Product Not Found. I also get 0x8007000d error when...: So I recently spoofed my hardware and then reset it, now. Running SFC /Scannow:Goes up to 100% then says Windows Resource Protection could not complete the requested action or whatever.Also in title says more. Please help....
  10. Windows not activating even when given a key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not activating even when given a key.: So I recently changed my motherboard of my old system and windows started to annoy me about not being activated, windows 10 pro from retailer is binded to my microsoft account, so I found this weird. Although it worked perfectly fine and I have the activated windows features....