Windows 10: How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

Discus and support How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Batines, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Batines Win User

How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file. How do I switch on the notification email? Thanks.

:)

Batines, Mar 3, 2024
  2. skcusime Win User

Uploading files to Onedrive with File Explorer

Install Teracopy Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not moving or copying files on my local PC - I'm uploading directly to "Onedrive online". I use Teracopy locally but I can't set an online Onedrive folder as the destination using Teracopy. I Right click on the Onedrive cloud symbol in the Notification area, and click "View Online". This shows all the files stored in the cloud, and I copy directly to it, bypassing the sync function. When copying multiple files duplicates are "Replace" or "Keep Both". I'm looking for a way to choose "Ignore" but there is no such choice.

skcusime, Mar 3, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 3, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

OneDrive keeps uploading files I've deleted

Hello! AmericanGrimoire

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

It's possible that OneDrive is still syncing the deleted files from your desktop to the cloud. Allow me to ask:

• Are you using OneDrive for Personal? or OneDrive for Business?
    • Can you still see the deleted folder in https://onedrive.live.com/ ? If you are I would suggest deleting it in the OneDrive.com since this is the cloud server of OneDrive.
    • I would like to know what @domain and who is hosting your email account? example for @domains: Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, Outlook.com/Hotmail.com
      • May I know if the account is for Work/School use? or Personal (Hotmail/Outlook.com) use?

To stop this, you can try the following steps:

1. Pause OneDrive syncing: Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the system tray and select "Pause syncing". This will stop OneDrive from uploading any new files.

2. Clear OneDrive cache: Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R, type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset, and press Enter. This will clear the OneDrive cache and reset the app.

3. Unlink and relink OneDrive: Right-click on the OneDrive icon in the system tray and select "Settings". Go to the "Account" tab and click "Unlink this PC". Then, sign in to your Microsoft account and relink your PC to OneDrive. Unlink and re-link OneDrive - Microsoft Support

Note: No data will be lost by unlinking and re-linking your OneDrive, your local folders are just disconnected from the cloud for a short while. Any changes made while you're unlinked will be synced once re-linking is complete.

4. Exclude the folder from syncing: If the above steps don't work, you can exclude the folder from syncing by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray, selecting "Settings", going to the "Account" tab, clicking "Choose folders", and unchecking the folder you don't want to sync.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Vince

Microsoft Community Moderator

Tenforo, Mar 3, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link? - Similar Threads - email notification someone

2. How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get an email notification if someone uploads to my onedrive request file link?: Hi, I've created a file request folder and have shared it via link. However, when people have been uploading to it, I'm not receiving any notification. I think previously when I've shared it directly with users I used to get a notification, ie. person X has uploaded a file....
  3. How do I get onedrive to stop uploading random files and get more storage because i've...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get onedrive to stop uploading random files and get more storage because i've...: It won't let me paste a picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-onedrive-to-stop-uploading-random/f86db9e1-0c6b-4295-9992-125483ec1568
  4. How do I get onedrive to stop uploading random files and get more storage because i've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get onedrive to stop uploading random files and get more storage because i've...: It won't let me paste a picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-onedrive-to-stop-uploading-random/f86db9e1-0c6b-4295-9992-125483ec1568
  5. How do I get onedrive to stop uploading random files and get more storage because i've...

6. Received request files link but upload is stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received request files link but upload is stuck at 0%: I'm trying to upload documents into a secure folder that was sent over.When I upload the documents the upload bar is stuck at 0%. Trying to upload dbf and ldf files.Please assist....
  7. Received request files link but upload is stuck at 0%

Received request files link but upload is stuck at 0%: I'm trying to upload documents into a secure folder that was sent over.When I upload the documents the upload bar is stuck at 0%. Trying to upload dbf and ldf files.Please assist....
  8. Received request files link but upload is stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I upload folder to OneDrive Without Repeating Files already Uploaded?: I have a folder with 95k files 35Gb which I tried to upload earlier today. It took all day to upload half of it, then it froze. I want to upload the rest, but I'm afraid it might overwrite the ones already there and waste more time. How do I make sure it only uploads the...
  10. How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent Onedrive from uploading certain files?: I recently ported my entire photo library onto my laptop from my phone. There are several thousand pictures that now download automatically from iCloud periodically. The problem is that OneDrive is trying to automatically upload these photos to my OneDrive Account, and...