Windows 10: How do I get around error "G is an invalid drive"?

Discus and support How do I get around error "G is an invalid drive"? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just want to connect my aux drive. Currently, the drives are just C and D. E should come up when I plug in the aux, but G does, and the OS tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taoskier2, May 8, 2019.

1. Taoskier2 Win User

How do I get around error "G is an invalid drive"?

I just want to connect my aux drive. Currently, the drives are just C and D. E should come up when I plug in the aux, but G does, and the OS tells me that's an invalid drive. So maybe the OS would like D. Can I change it?

:)

Taoskier2, May 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Spelling and grammar improvements in Google Docs for G Suite

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Spelling and grammar improvements in Docs for Enterprise

Brink, May 8, 2019
  3. directory name invalid - pop up box

Please help - keep getting a pop up box stating - directory name invalid - G drive ? I don't have a G drive ? Suggestions please

MaddisonBeattie, May 8, 2019
  4. How do I get around error "G is an invalid drive"?

no access to G drive in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What exact error message are you receiving when you try to access G drive?
    • Is external G drive a SD card or external hard drive?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I get around error "G is an invalid drive"?

1. How do I get around error "G is an invalid drive"? - Similar Threads - around error invalid

2. How do I get around the challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get around the challenge phrase: How do I get around the challenge phrase issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-around-the-challenge-phrase/efa67ac2-453e-4516-ac58-757e88eb77c0
  3. How do I get around the challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get around the challenge phrase: How do I get around the challenge phrase issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-around-the-challenge-phrase/efa67ac2-453e-4516-ac58-757e88eb77c0
  4. How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?: How do I get around the Challenge Phrase? I have followed all steps. However I cannot move past the login screen. I am asked for Challenge Phrase A1B2C3, I enter this and respnse is enter pin. Do this and it returns back to where I started explaining I have entered the wrong...
  5. How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?: How do I get around the Challenge Phrase? I have followed all steps. However I cannot move past the login screen. I am asked for Challenge Phrase A1B2C3, I enter this and respnse is enter pin. Do this and it returns back to where I started explaining I have entered the wrong...
  6. Minecraft Launcher Install Invalid Drive G:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minecraft Launcher Install Invalid Drive G:\: I had Microsoft Launcher installed on my old external hard drive but the hard drive went bad and I was unable to recover my files. When I now try to install the launcher on my new drive F:\ I'm getting the error "Invalid Drive G:\". I've tried subst the old drive with the new...
  7. How do I get to my G Drive moble usb-c

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get to my G Drive moble usb-c: How do I get to my G Drive moble usb-c in my imaginebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-to-my-g-drive-moble-usb-c/e66f21da-a2a5-453d-bca6-43095306e12a
  8. How do I shift around my drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I shift around my drives?: I have 3 internal hard drives. 2, m.2 and one HDD. I want to shift the order of my drives. How can I do this? and make my larger m.2 as my C: drive without messing up the computer. I imagine I have to transfer the files or use a program to clone the drive? What's the easiest...
  9. How do i extend the C drive my g drive is empty i want to give the storage of g drive to c...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i extend the C drive my g drive is empty i want to give the storage of g drive to c...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DontDare6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ez81y1/how_do_i_extend_the_c_drive_my_g_drive_is_empty_i/
  10. I get an error of invalid value

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get an error of invalid value: When I try to open my pictures I get an" Invalid value error" I didn't get it last week, how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-of-invalid-value/518bc76d-963b-4b3f-beca-9e4c9499a602