Windows 10: How do I get audio from my AIO computer speakers while using a second HDMI-connected...

Discus and support How do I get audio from my AIO computer speakers while using a second HDMI-connected... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My All-In-One Acer desktop monitor failed. So I got a new monitor (without speakers and audio jack) and connected it to the AIO using a HDMI cable. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cruisercruiser, Oct 15, 2018.

1. How do I get audio from my AIO computer speakers while using a second HDMI-connected...

My All-In-One Acer desktop monitor failed. So I got a new monitor (without speakers and audio jack) and connected it to the AIO using a HDMI cable. The display worked perfectly, but now there is no audio because the monitor doesn't have speakers nor an audio jack, and the sound does not come from my AIO audio jack since I am using a HDMI cable to connect to the new monitor.

When I changed my primary screen back to the failed AIO, the sound works great from the audio port of the AIO, but alas I won't have a screen!

I have tried the procedure below with a bit of success, but the sound comes out very muffled.

1. Open Sound panel
    2. Select Speakers as the default playback device
    3. Go to the "Recording" tab
    4. Right click and enable "Show Disabled Devices"
    5. A recording device called "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" (this was my case) should appear
    6. Right click on the new device and click "Enable"
    7. Right click on the new device and click "Set as Default Device"
    8. Double click on the new device to open the Properties window
    9. Go to the "Listen" tab
    10. Click on the "Listen to this device" checkbox
    11. Select your HDMI device from the "Playback through this device" list

Can someone help!

:)

Cruisercruiser, Oct 15, 2018

2. No audio from TV connected to computer via HDMI cable

Hi Jim,

For us to further assist your with the audio issue on your TV when connected to the computer, please provide the following information below:

• Have you tried to update your audio and video drivers on the computer?
    • Have you checked your TV settings if your HDMI settings are set up according to which port the HDMI cable is connected? For example: HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.
    • Is the HDMI cable working if you use it on a different device?

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Dacur Win User
    HDMI audio driver for ASUS X551M laptop?

This is from Intel regarding hdmi:
    • Install the latest Intel® Graphics Driver, this also installs the latest audio codecs for HDMI.
    • After driver installation, connect to the HDMI TV or digital display, using a HDMI cable.
    • Select HDMI audio as your default playback device. Click Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound. The Playback tab lists the audio playback devices for your computer.
    • Right-click on the device for HDMI audio, and select Set as Default Device.

Dacur, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Ana Alb Win User

How do I get audio from my AIO computer speakers while using a second HDMI-connected...

No HDMI audio output

Hi.

To help you resolve your HDMI issue, kindly try these steps:

• Search for the speaker icon on the task bar then right click.
    • Click Playback Devices.
    • Choose Properties button then Advanced tab.
    • From there, you may set the default format for audio.

When you're done and it's working, you can save that setting.

Hope this helps.

Ana Alb, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

How do I get audio from my AIO computer speakers while using a second HDMI-connected...

1. How do I get audio from my AIO computer speakers while using a second HDMI-connected... - Similar Threads - audio AIO computer

2. Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable: I just bought a Minis Forum UM690 with Windows 11. My setup is really easy, my pc is connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and the speakers are connected to the monitor with a jack cable. In the audio settings as default I have "Digital Audio HDMI" with the image of the...
  3. Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio from speakers not working with HDMI cable: I just bought a Minis Forum UM690 with Windows 11. My setup is really easy, my pc is connected to the monitor with an HDMI cable and the speakers are connected to the monitor with a jack cable. In the audio settings as default I have "Digital Audio HDMI" with the image of the...
  4. No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport: I bought a new monitor benq EX2710Q and it has in built speakers. If i play anything first few seconds there is no audio and after that i can hear perfectly. I thought this was an issue with cable but then i tried same cable with my xbox and macbook and it all worked...
  5. No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport

No audio in monitor's speaker for first few seconds when using HDMI/Displayport: I bought a new monitor benq EX2710Q and it has in built speakers. If i play anything first few seconds there is no audio and after that i can hear perfectly. I thought this was an issue with cable but then i tried same cable with my xbox and macbook and it all worked...
  6. I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the...

I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the...: I connected my computer to my TV with an HDMI cable. For a while there was an image on the TV, but now it's gone. what can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-connected-my-computer-to-my-tv-with-an-hdmi/c1f221e3-47a7-4015-ac07-7c4c646ebc46
  7. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker: Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10 settings or nvidea. Control panel? submitted by /u/fetpotatoh [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio output while connected with HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio output while connected with HDMI: I'm connected to a projector with an HDMI cable and want to use the audio output from the computer to connect to a local PA system. The default is that when HDMI is connected, the computer audio port is disabled. How do I enable it?...
  9. how do I get my display to show on the tv using HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I get my display to show on the tv using HDMI: Have surface pro wired to tv with HDMI but it does not appear on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-display-to-show-on-the-tv-using/7fd7c623-ed1a-491f-81b7-5a61c6e3f075
  10. How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer: How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-signal-when-connecting-an-hdmi/c8afc994-81eb-4ba4-b0e3-77e60db1d5df