Windows 10: How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset?

Discus and support How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Monitor: AOC - G2460PQU 24.0 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (G2460PQU) - PCPartPicker Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset (981-000536) - PCPartPicker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by McSweg, Nov 7, 2018.

1. McSweg Win User

How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset?

Monitor: AOC - G2460PQU 24.0 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (G2460PQU) - PCPartPicker
    Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset (981-000536) - PCPartPicker

How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset? Bz6GdSW.png

so the usb part is connected into my PC and i get audio just fine.

i recently got a nintendo switch and i play my switch using HDMI on my monitor. (my pc is DVI)

now my monitor has sound but I want the sound to play on my headset instead. I have usb ports on my monitor but that didn't give me audio. The green wire with the headset logo I put that in my monitor and still got no sound. How can i get sound on my headset from my monitor?

:)

McSweg, Nov 7, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset? :p

cadaveca, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset? :p

Solaris17, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset? - Similar Threads - audio monitor headset

2. How do i get my processor in my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my processor in my monitor: my monitor does not run well, and I think the either lack of processor or "computer" is the reason, someone please help.I only have a computer monitor and no "computer", and since my computer is kinda old, i wanted to update my monitor, and it said i had replace or install a...
  3. How do i get my processor in my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my processor in my monitor: my monitor does not run well, and I think the either lack of processor or "computer" is the reason, someone please help.I only have a computer monitor and no "computer", and since my computer is kinda old, i wanted to update my monitor, and it said i had replace or install a...
  4. How do i get my processor in my monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do i Transfer audio from my laptop to my monitor ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i Transfer audio from my laptop to my monitor ?: hi, so i’m having a problem with transferring the audio from my laptop to my monitor since i have it connected to it with a hdmi, i already had went to sounds & changed the output to the monitor which was named CR240DM intelR display audio and no sound comes out of it...
  6. How do i Transfer audio from my laptop to my monitor ?

How do i Transfer audio from my laptop to my monitor ?: hi, so i’m having a problem with transferring the audio from my laptop to my monitor since i have it connected to it with a hdmi, i already had went to sounds & changed the output to the monitor which was named CR240DM intelR display audio and no sound comes out of it...
  7. HOW DO I GET MY HEADSET AND MICROPHONE SOUND ON?

HOW DO I GET MY HEADSET AND MICROPHONE SOUND ON?: i HAVE A PLANTRONICS HEADSET. I AM RECORDING A PPOT PRESENTATION AND CANNOT GET THE RECORDING TO PLAY. I HAVE CHECKED THE PLUG IN TO THE COMPUTER. I HAVE ALSO RAN THE TROUBLESHOOT FEATURE AND IT STATES THAT THE MICROPHONE IS ON MUTE. I GIVE PERMISSION TO UNMUTE IT. HOWEVER,...
  8. HOW DO I GET MY HEADSET AND MICROPHONE SOUND ON?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I GET MY HEADSET AND MICROPHONE SOUND ON?: i HAVE A PLANTRONICS HEADSET. I AM RECORDING A PPOT PRESENTATION AND CANNOT GET THE RECORDING TO PLAY. I HAVE CHECKED THE PLUG IN TO THE COMPUTER. I HAVE ALSO RAN THE TROUBLESHOOT FEATURE AND IT STATES THAT THE MICROPHONE IS ON MUTE. I GIVE PERMISSION TO UNMUTE IT. HOWEVER,...
  9. How do i get windows to register my headset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i get windows to register my headset.: When i plug in my headset it stays on the same option which is "Speakers/Headphones RealtekR Audio" but i want to use the mic in my headset and not the internal one I am on a laptop....
  10. no audio from my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio from my headset: there is no audio in my headset for myself but only game chat in fortnite and discord calls I cant listen to movies or youtube audio or even game audio its pretty frustrating at this point and when I go to sound settings it says that there audio coming from my headset but...