Windows 10: How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives?

Discus and support How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says it all. How do I get AutoRun working with USB drives in Win10? submitted by /u/chungus_is_gay [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chungus_is_gay, May 14, 2020.

1. How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives?

Title says it all. How do I get AutoRun working with USB drives in Win10?

submitted by /u/chungus_is_gay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chungus_is_gay, May 14, 2020
  2. Niarod Win User

USB Autorun each time windows boots?

If the hard drive is always left plugged-in then i also think you should check the autorun options for that drive...don't necessarily have to turn autorun off completely.
    I don't remember well in Win7, i don't have a machine with that os now in my hands, but i think you should check the properties in the apps bar(right click on it), there are some options that deal separately with each device type (discs, hds, printers etc), among them should be an option about you external usb drive(autorun).

Otherwise, under devices (start, type devices - not device manager), find listed you ext usb drive and right click on it.There should be all kind of options available with a hd.

Cheerz

Niarod, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Autorun?

Hello,

As you are asking whether the security of disabling Autorun/Autoplay option from system settings is the same as disabling from the registry and will take affect in the same way. There is no need to worry about virus threats which usually attack from autorun/autoplay.
    If you want to disable autorun/autoplay from registry, follow the steps provided below:

• Type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    • In the right pane of the window create a new DWORD value "NoDriveTypeAutorun".
    • Set the value based on the following requirements:
      • FF – To disable AutoRun on all drives
      • 20 – To disable AutoRun on CD-ROM drives
      • 4 – To disable AutoRun on removable drives
      • 8 – To disable AutoRun on fixed drives
      • 10 – To disable AutoRun on network drives
      • 40 – To disable AutoRun on RAM disks
      • 1 – To disable AutoRun on unknown drives
    • If you want to disable AutoRun on a certain combination of drives, you’ll have to combine their values. For example, if you want to disable AutoRun on CD-ROM and removable drives, set the value of DWORD to 28.
    • If you want to return AutoRun functionality, just delete the NoDriveTypeAutorun DWORD value.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2020
  4. How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives?

Autorun on a USB is not working.

Hi Rowan,

Kindly try the steps below and check if this helps.

Method 1:

Update the USB Controllers from Device Manager and check.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Disk Drives and Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

4. Right click on both the external hard disk drivers and also USB port 3.0 driver. Then click on
    Update Driver Software.

Method 2: Uninstall USB driver

• Open device manager by following above steps.
    • Expand Disk Drives and Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    • Check if there are any drivers with a yellow exclamation mark.
    • If so, right click on the driver> uninstall
      and restart the computer.
    Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, May 14, 2020
Thema:

How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives?

1. How do I get AutoRun to work with USB drives? - Similar Threads - AutoRun USB drives

2. how do i install to a usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i install to a usb drive: im trying to install something on the microsoft store i have a usb drive i use for storage cause the computer is full how do i download it to the usb drive??...
  3. how do i install to a usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i install to a usb drive: im trying to install something on the microsoft store i have a usb drive i use for storage cause the computer is full how do i download it to the usb drive??...
  4. Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive

Enable or troubleshoot Autorun/Autoplay for a USB stick/flash drive: An autorun.inf file is a text file that can be used by the Autorun and AutoPlay components of Microsoft Windows. When a USB drive is plugged into a USB port, an autorun USB dialog appears that prompts you to do certain operations: print images, run Windows Media Players, or...
  5. How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I automatically run a batch file when a device is connected? (not autorun usb): I recently discovered scrcpy on android. For those that don't know its a great way to remotely control your android phone on pc. Latency is really low and framerate is smooth. I'm looking for a seamless and automatic way of running scrcpy command as soon as I connect my...
  6. autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    autorun of specific executable on usb flash drive: In windows 7, there is a checkbox i can click so windows will remember to launch a specific executable on a usb flash drive. but it seems in windows 10 this feature has disappeared. Can someone enlighten me so i get the same feature in Windows 10? This is very helpful for...
  7. How do I get the autorun.inf files working on an usb?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the autorun.inf files working on an usb?: Since Windows 7 Microsoft disabled the 'open=' command from running on USB sticks because of security reasons. However, I don't have any use for this security, as this pc sits in my room, with no one else touching it. How would I go about reenabling autorun on USBs? Do I need...
  8. USB flash drive autorun an app

USB flash drive autorun an app: I have written an app to teach a blind child braille alphabet. The .exe file is on a flash drive along with support files. and runs the program when selected. I would like to make it so a blind child can use it because they can't see to select the .exe application. It would...
  9. USB autorun

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB autorun: I have a freshly installed Win10 - now upgraded to v1607 - that shows the contents of USB sticks (in a USB3 socket) when the stick is inserted - THAT is what I want. I also have Win10 upgrade from Win7 - still at v1511 because the v1607 crippled it according to a Microsoft...
  10. autorun batch file usb

in Windows 10 Support
    autorun batch file usb: I want run a bat file from usb stick while inserting it plz help me 63747