Windows 10: How do I get back all my missing Windows fonts?

Discus and support How do I get back all my missing Windows fonts? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently had to have my Windows 10 Pro machine redone because my Operating System crashed. Since getting the machine backup and running, I found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LCain_194, May 4, 2021 at 8:03 PM.

1. LCain_194 Win User

How do I get back all my missing Windows fonts?

I recently had to have my Windows 10 Pro machine redone because my Operating System crashed. Since getting the machine backup and running, I found out that dozens of my fonts that are found in the Fonts section within Control Panel are not there i.e. Century Schoolbook. How do I get them all back?

:)

2. Missing Fonts

Hi Charlotte,

For us to further isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Which fonts are missing?

• Are you using those fonts for Office applications?

• Is the missing font part of Windows or separately purchased for Office?

Regards.

Rachelle Gra, May 4, 2021 at 8:05 PM
  3. Missing fonts after upgrade

I just had an automatic upgrade of windows 10 completed and some fonts are missing,

I have read up and tried the steps in the optional font features but the fonts are missing from the list.

The particular language group is the Pan European. The font I am after is Rockwell nova.

Is the any way I can access this as it is crucial to a job I am about to complete.

PeterMcD735, May 4, 2021 at 8:05 PM
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

Thema:

1. How do I get back all my missing Windows fonts? - Similar Threads - missing fonts

2. Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 2012-03 broken fonts, missing text, and can't type into command prompt: I am at a loss for what I can do. After installing the 2021-03 update, I have no text under icons, in the context menus, in the control panel, and **even in the command prompt**. I am unable to use any tools to restore fonts or to roll back updates because I can neither use...
  3. Bold FONT missing in Windows 10. Big problem for people with poor visual.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bold FONT missing in Windows 10. Big problem for people with poor visual.: In Windows 10, why is there NO option for BOLD FONT for Explorer of Desktop icons? It used to be in all previous OS. This is a big problem for old people and people with poor visuals. Please add Bold Font option in your next update. Thanks....
  4. Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts missing from folder not 3rd party fonts!: There are very few fonts around 140 in my fonts folder on windows. When using an office program like word - there are far more available. For example, I was using Adobe illustrator and wanted to use the 'Cooper Black' font, It wasn't in the list. I opened Word to check if it...
  5. Installed fonts are missing from font selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed fonts are missing from font selection: This is on a Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.1016 installed on 2020-02-16. Installed some Noto ttf fonts and they are stored in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts, but they don't show up for selection anywhere. In addition trying to update the signature...
  6. Icons missing and wierdly big and bold fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons missing and wierdly big and bold fonts: I Use windows 10 and recently i found wierd things happening to my pc today i found that most of the parts of windows dont have proper icons like wifi connection menu shows quare box instead of wifi signal icon and same applies action center and many other places . i wasnt...
  7. Missing characters when using a custom font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing characters when using a custom font: [ATTACH] Alright, so I recently decided to change the default font on my computer using regedit, and for the most part everything seems to be working fine. The only real issues I've noticed are with certain unicode characters, most notably the semicolon in the taskbar's...
  8. Why did so many of my fonts go missing? (1809 - 17763.1282)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did so many of my fonts go missing? (1809 - 17763.1282): I think an update ran recently. Noticed a bunch of my fonts missing when opening up projects 1809 - 17763.1282 submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9ljtd/why_did_so_many_of_my_fonts_go_missing_1809/
  9. missing fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing fonts: I have lost a large volume of fonts following a recent upgrade. What is the easiest way to restore previous fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-fonts/f3d5e73f-7163-46c5-a321-631d81bc9912
  10. how to resolve this wierd screen glitch missing and glitched fonts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to resolve this wierd screen glitch missing and glitched fonts: so i dint know how i run into these but sometimes my pc screen becomes like this , i know of course this is a issue with the graphics dirver and i did a clean reinstall of the amd drivers which work absolutely fine but my window is like this as you can see glitched up screen...