Windows 10: How do I get back my screen brightness control

Discus and support How do I get back my screen brightness control in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HP P6 2005ukm running Windows 10 64 bit Pro desktop. When I go to All settings/System/Display there is no brightness control above the Night light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Silverpulser, Sep 22, 2018.

1. How do I get back my screen brightness control

HP P6 2005ukm running Windows 10 64 bit Pro desktop.

When I go to All settings/System/Display there is no brightness control above the Night light settings where it previously was. I have noticed this after the last round of updates.

How do I get my brightness control back?

How do I get back my screen brightness control [​IMG]

:)

Silverpulser, Sep 22, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 22, 2018
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 22, 2018
  4. How do I get back my screen brightness control

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

How do I get back my screen brightness control

1. How do I get back my screen brightness control - Similar Threads - screen brightness control

2. How do I get my touch screen back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my touch screen back?: Hello! My computer is brand new I got it two days ago, and the touch screen isn't working. When I was setting it up for the first time, the touch screen worked, but now it doesn't, and I'm not sure why. When I go in and view the "pen and touch" setting, it says that "no pen...
  3. How do I get my touch screen back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my touch screen back?: Hello! My computer is brand new I got it two days ago, and the touch screen isn't working. When I was setting it up, the touch screen worked, but now it doesn't, and I'm not sure why. When I go in and view the "pen and touch" setting, it says that "no pen or touch input is...
  4. There is no option to adjust my brightness so how do I get the option back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no option to adjust my brightness so how do I get the option back?: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorI've done everything to running command prompts, updating my display settings, updating every single driver, troubleshooting....
  5. There is no option to adjust my brightness so how do I get the option back?

There is no option to adjust my brightness so how do I get the option back?: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorI've done everything to running command prompts, updating my display settings, updating every single driver, troubleshooting....
  6. How do I get my computer back to full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my computer back to full screen?: I cannot get my computer to full screen. The right side is off screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-computer-back-to-full-screen/8044b33c-23b7-4da3-bd5e-efc2017f9002
  7. How can I control the brightness of my monitor with my keyboard's brightness controls?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I control the brightness of my monitor with my keyboard's brightness controls?: I bought the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard. It has brightness function keys. They obviously work because the brightness slider appears in the upper left corner of the screen but the actual brightness doesn't react to the changes. Until now I have been using...
  8. How do I get the brightness setting back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get the brightness setting back?: I've essentially been forced to update and now my Surface is missing any semblance of a brightness setting. No 25% button or slider. And when my surface is "off", the display is still on via a very dark grey rather than actually being off. This causes my surface to waste...
  9. How do I get back to my usual log in screen ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get back to my usual log in screen ?: Yesterday, after logging in to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, I found that I was unable to start my browser (Microsoft Edge) for some reason. I tried rebooting but it made no difference, and so I had to use Internet Explorer instead. When I searched for assistance on the...
  10. A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back?

A monster took my computer - how do I get control of it back?: Why can't we just leave things alone? Windows 10 seems to have taken all control of my computer out of my hands. I have trouble understanding what it does, why it does it, and how to make changes. My biggest problem is that everything is two shades of blue. What ever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness slider

2. brightness slider bar

3. how to get the brightness back

4. how to get screen brightness back,
  5. how to get brightness slider back,
  6. brightness slider greyed out,
  7. back brightness,
  8. add brightness slider,
  9. how to get back the brightness in the screen,
  10. how to get brightness back windows 1903,
  11. how to get brightness to work,