Windows 10: How do I get back to my usual log in screen ?

Discus and support How do I get back to my usual log in screen ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday, after logging in to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, I found that I was unable to start my browser (Microsoft Edge) for some reason. I tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andyman01, Feb 15, 2019.

1. andyman01 Win User

How do I get back to my usual log in screen ?

Yesterday, after logging in to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, I found that I was unable to start my browser (Microsoft Edge) for some reason.

I tried rebooting but it made no difference, and so I had to use Internet Explorer instead.

When I searched for assistance on the Microsoft Community, I found that someone else had experienced the very same problem and had sought an answer.

A Microsoft advisor had answered and suggested that they try doing a clean boot and gave instructions on how to do it, so I decided to do the same on my PC.

Unfortunately, on rebooting my PC, I am now being asked for my password instead of the Microsoft pin which I have been using for a long time. I do not remember my password and the password hint doesn't help. What is worse, is that I didn't create a password reset disk or USB stick, so now I'm stuck.

Obviously, nobody else can tell me what my password was, but does anyone know of a way that I can reboot my PC so that I can log in using my Microsoft pin ?

Thankfully, I've also got a laptop to access the internet in the meantime.

:)

andyman01, Feb 15, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 15, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get back to my usual log in screen ? - Similar Threads - usual log screen

2. How do I get my touch screen back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my touch screen back?: Hello! My computer is brand new I got it two days ago, and the touch screen isn't working. When I was setting it up for the first time, the touch screen worked, but now it doesn't, and I'm not sure why. When I go in and view the "pen and touch" setting, it says that "no pen...
  3. How do I get my touch screen back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my touch screen back?: Hello! My computer is brand new I got it two days ago, and the touch screen isn't working. When I was setting it up, the touch screen worked, but now it doesn't, and I'm not sure why. When I go in and view the "pen and touch" setting, it says that "no pen or touch input is...
  4. I'm locked out of my windows log in. How do I get back in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'm locked out of my windows log in. How do I get back in?: I just reinstalled my windows back in my laptop after using Ubuntu. Now my laptop, in windows OS, has a password I did not set up. Now I am locked out and I don't even know the password "my account" had. To be able to change the password on my windows, it's asking me to enter...
  5. I'm locked out of my windows log in. How do I get back in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm locked out of my windows log in. How do I get back in?: I just reinstalled my windows back in my laptop after using Ubuntu. Now my laptop, in windows OS, has a password I did not set up. Now I am locked out and I don't even know the password "my account" had. To be able to change the password on my windows, it's asking me to enter...
  6. I'm locked out of my windows log in. How do I get back in?

7. How do I get my computer back to full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my computer back to full screen?: I cannot get my computer to full screen. The right side is off screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-computer-back-to-full-screen/8044b33c-23b7-4da3-bd5e-efc2017f9002
  8. How do I get my computer back to full screen?

How do I get my computer back to full screen?: I cannot get my computer to full screen. The right side is off screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-computer-back-to-full-screen/8044b33c-23b7-4da3-bd5e-efc2017f9002
  9. Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?: I logged in to my laptop the other morning and logged in fine then logged into Citrix for work, clocked in then I got a box that said computer needed to re-boot. Wasn’t sure if it was my laptop or my work computer that I was logged into. So I closed that box, signed out of...
  10. How do I get back my screen brightness control

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get back my screen brightness control: HP P6 2005ukm running Windows 10 64 bit Pro desktop. When I go to All settings/System/Display there is no brightness control above the Night light settings where it previously was. I have noticed this after the last round of updates. How do I get my brightness control...