Windows 10: How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

Discus and support How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to get back to the sign-in option with the password that used to be there. I checked on my account the sign-in option I have, there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nika 89, Feb 9, 2023.

1. nika 89 Win User

How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

I would like to get back to the sign-in option with the password that used to be there. I checked on my account the sign-in option I have, there is none of them that provide the option of the old sign-in method with a password. I don't want the choice they provide which are: Facial recognition, Fingerprinting recognition, PIN, or Security question. And I don't want the option of not having to sign in when away or need to restart the laptop.Thank you

:)

nika 89, Feb 9, 2023

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 9, 2023
  3. Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

Inability to sign on to my laptop

Hi,

It's possible for you to change the sign-in method of your computer once you're logged in. Since you can't remember your password, if you're using your Microsoft account, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided in this article: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.
    If you're using a local account, follow the steps here instead: Reset
    your Windows 10 local account password

Once you're able to sign in, you can change the sign-in options by following these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Sign-in options.

• Press Enter.

• Under PIN, click Add.

• Enter your password or any other required information when prompted and click
      OK.

• Enter at PIN number with at least 4 digits and click OK.

Let us know if you need help with any other concerns.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or... - Similar Threads - old sign password

2. How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...: Hi,It's me again GREGORY.So I disconnected my laptop from my school account but I still cannot disable the Hello Sign In option to have my password sign in back. Now I can set up Windows Hello except for the Facial recognition one. I look into the article "How to remove PIN...
  3. How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...: Hi,It's me again GREGORY.So I disconnected my laptop from my school account but I still cannot disable the Hello Sign In option to have my password sign in back. Now I can set up Windows Hello except for the Facial recognition one. I look into the article "How to remove PIN...
  4. How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...: Hello,I was talking with Greg Carmack about the issue that I have with my laptop. I would like to get back to the old sign-in method when you just start your laptop it used to ask to enter a password but now apparently I need to set up Windows Hello but first of all I don't...
  5. How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...: Hello,I was talking with Greg Carmack about the issue that I have with my laptop. I would like to get back to the old sign-in method when you just start your laptop it used to ask to enter a password but now apparently I need to set up Windows Hello but first of all I don't...
  6. How do I sign in to Windows on an old laptop if I can't remember the password?

How do I sign in to Windows on an old laptop if I can't remember the password?: How do I log in into an old laptop that keeps asking me to use the last password that was used on the computer but I've forgotten what that is? My current windows password won't work, I need to use the last password that was used to log in. I've tried the repair functions...
  7. How do I sign in to Windows on an old laptop if I can't remember the password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I sign in to Windows on an old laptop if I can't remember the password?: How do I log in into an old laptop that keeps asking me to use the last password that was used on the computer but I've forgotten what that is? My current windows password won't work, I need to use the last password that was used to log in. I've tried the repair functions...
  8. How do I sign in to Windows on an old laptop if I can't remember the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...

How do I get back to the old sign in with a password option when I just start the laptop or...: I would like to get back to the sign-in option with the password that used to be there. I checked on my account the sign-in option I have, there is none of them that provide the option of the old sign-in method with a password. I don't want the choice they provide which are:...
  10. How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the option to sign in with password ?: So I use PIN, but at the lockscreen you can choose to use your microsoft account password instead of PIN, how do I disable that ? is it even possible ? I just want the PIN only and I don't want to change my microsoft account password. submitted by /u/SPARTAN-258 [link]...