Windows 10: how do i get back to yahoo mail classic

Discus and support how do i get back to yahoo mail classic in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I get back to yahoo mail classic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thirdbase6870, Sep 24, 2018.

1. how do i get back to yahoo mail classic

how do I get back to yahoo mail classic

:)

thirdbase6870, Sep 24, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607

Hello!

Yesterday I found some spare time and I decided to upgrade my Windows 10 1151 TH2 (build 10586) to the new Windows 10 1607 Anniversary Edition. After the upgrade was complete, I loaded IE 11 as usual and browsed to mail.yahoo.gr to read my e-mail. I then saw the "classic" Yahoo interface and a warning message at the top of the page stating that I see that because my browser is not supported and I should download and install another browser! This is exactly what one sees when opening Yahoo mail from a browser such as IE 8, with the important exception I was using IE 11! Immediately I thought I had some compatibility setting for Yahoo screwing the modern interface and resorting to the classic. I opened the Compatibility View, there was nothing on the list, until I noticed a check box in "Use Microsoft Compatibility lists". I tried to uncheck it and reload Yahoo mail, that was it! Now Yahoo Mail appears in the modern interface as it should! So if you experience similar symptoms in a webpage, try unchecking that box, see photo below:

how do i get back to yahoo mail classic [​IMG]

When I have more time and examine the new features or bugs of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, I'll post again!

spapakons, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    NEW COMPUTER WITH IE 11 BUT BASIC YAHOO MAIL

Hi,

To help you back to the classic Yahoo Mail. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In Internet Explorer, open Tools > Internet Options
      > Security.
    • In Security tab, click Custom level and look for Scripting
      section.
    • Disable Scripting of Java Applets.
    After these steps, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account. You will get an error page then click on a link which says Return to a previous version of Yahoo Mail.

Note: Do not click the link which says 'Return to a previous version of Yahoo Mail just for now', because it would only allow you to use the classic Yahoo Mail just for once.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Sep 24, 2018
  4. how do i get back to yahoo mail classic

NEW COMPUTER WITH IE 11 BUT BASIC YAHOO MAIL

Hi Mary Sau!

I did the "Step By Step" instruction's as cited above, and nothing changed..i.e. no error page, or link appeared, it still has the same New Format on my peripheral as before.

Thanks for trying, and do make a great day happen, whenever you possibly can now, too!

Enjoy!

PAAP

MonsieurPAAP, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

how do i get back to yahoo mail classic

1. how do i get back to yahoo mail classic - Similar Threads - yahoo mail classic

2. how do I get my yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get my yahoo mail: I can't seem to get to my yahoo mail any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-yahoo-mail/5aad72c2-ad43-4a3e-a289-2f097e35917e
  3. How do I get the classic desktop back on Windows 10?

How do I get the classic desktop back on Windows 10?: I understand some may prefer the default Windows 10 interface. Fine. But why take away what so many of us prefer? I just got a new laptop; it has Windows 10 and I absolutely hate it because, for me, it is so counter-intuitive and confusing. Is this a conscious decision by...
  4. How do I get rid of Yahoo?

How do I get rid of Yahoo?: When I open a new Google Chrome tab, Yahoo opens up. Yahoo is not my default search engine but Google is, why does Yahoo keep showing up instead of Google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-yahoo/a4dd73d0-a88a-44b8-a4ad-c930f1ab83e8
  5. how do i get my windows 10 mail back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my windows 10 mail back?: How do I get my Windows 10 Mail back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-windows-10-mail-back/b7605b4a-16de-4ade-9ac0-8cb843ea07f3
  6. How to get back the classic uac prompt

How to get back the classic uac prompt: How do I get back the classic uac prompt? I have tried the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks method but it did not work. My PC is at the latest update. What should I do?...
  7. How to get back the classic uac prompt

How to get back the classic uac prompt: How do I get back the classic uac prompt? I have tried the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks method but it did not work. My PC is at the latest update. What should I do?...
  8. Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo mail classic interface IE11 Windows 10 1607: Hello! Yesterday I found some spare time and I decided to upgrade my Windows 10 1151 TH2 (build 10586) to the new Windows 10 1607 Anniversary Edition. After the upgrade was complete, I loaded IE 11 as usual and browsed to mail.yahoo.gr to read my e-mail. I then saw the...
  9. Mail application has disappeared - how do I get it back?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail application has disappeared - how do I get it back?: I usually use Gmail with Firefox but wanted to give Windows Mail another try. Much to my surprise I cannot find it. Then I went to search for it using the task bar and my search window has also gone somewhere. Has anyone else come across this problem? 14577
  10. How do I get the old 'Classic' Network Menu back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get the old 'Classic' Network Menu back?: I got the old sound volume and battery popups back, but how do I get them back for the Network Menu? Also I saw that the clock reg edit no longer works. 79799

Users found this page by searching for:

1. March 2019 IE 11 yahoo email no classic interface available