Windows 10: How do I get Bluetooth back after anniversary update?

Discus and support How do I get Bluetooth back after anniversary update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 series laptop, about three months old, that just did the Windows 10 Anniversary update, and now it 'lost' the Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Charliedog, Aug 14, 2016.

1. How do I get Bluetooth back after anniversary update?

I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 series laptop, about three months old, that just did the Windows 10 Anniversary update, and now it 'lost' the Bluetooth ability that it had from the factory. I went to Device Manager, and saw an unknown device. I right clicked on it, and it came up as Bluetooth, so I clicked on Update Driver. It searched the internet and found the driver, but when it tried to download it, I got an error message that said it was not compatible with my platform. What next? TIA

Larry aka
    Bristol, TN

:)

Charliedog, Aug 14, 2016
  2. Janpack Win User

Bluetooth disappeared after yesterday's Windows update.

The anniversary update happened about 2 weeks ago. Almost everything still working ok, including Bluetooth mouse. After yesterday's update, there is no Bluetooth icon in the toolbar (like before). Looking in Devices, the Bluetooth mouse is there, but right
    click doesn't show anything. Going into Device management, there is no Bluetooth shown, so I can't update a driver for instance, as seen in another post.

So how do I get it back?

Thanks, Jan

Janpack, Aug 14, 2016
  3. How do I get bluetooth back having uninstalled the version that did not work with windows 10

Bluetooth is still not working though according to my computer it is back installed and 'working properly'......nor is ancestry.com......nor my YBS money manager. They all worked with windows 8.1 I am still not convinced that windows 10 was a good move this
    is the umpteenth problem.

Not impressed!

AnneWoolnough, Aug 14, 2016
  4. How do I get Bluetooth back after anniversary update?

-Just confirming . . . Bluetooth no longer available on my old machine.
    Thanks for the 'Heads-Up' . . . certainly don't get info. from MS. *sarc

DaveGrant01, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    I had also the same problem, I uninstalled the Driver Software a re-installed it.

Adalwar, Aug 14, 2016
  6. Thanks, Adalwar. I did what you suggested, and my computer now has Bluetooth again.

Charliedog, Aug 14, 2016
  7. Adalwar Win User
    You are Welcome.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I get Bluetooth back after anniversary update?

1. How do I get Bluetooth back after anniversary update? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth anniversary update

2. How do I get my wifi and bluetooth back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my wifi and bluetooth back?: A few days ago I finished installing some updates on steam games and then I shut my laptop for the night. Today I opened my laptop and there is no option to connect to wifi or bluetooth. I tried looking at device manager and the drivers are gone. It wants me to use ethernet...
  3. How do I get my wifi and bluetooth back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my wifi and bluetooth back?: A few days ago I finished installing some updates on steam games and then I shut my laptop for the night. Today I opened my laptop and there is no option to connect to wifi or bluetooth. I tried looking at device manager and the drivers are gone. It wants me to use ethernet...
  4. How do I get Bluetooth back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Bluetooth back?: I'm using a Dell lnspiron 15 laptop with Windows 10. I was using my Bluetooth earbuds when they suddenly disconnected. I looked to my Bluetooth settings, and the Bluetooth toggle was missing. I powered off the earbuds manually, then restarted windows. Nothing. So I tried more...
  5. How do I get Bluetooth back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Bluetooth back?: I'm using a Dell lnspiron 15 laptop with Windows 10. I was using my Bluetooth earbuds when they suddenly disconnected. I looked to my Bluetooth settings, and the Bluetooth toggle was missing. I powered off the earbuds manually, then restarted windows. Nothing. So I tried more...
  6. How do I get Bluetooth back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do I get Bluetooth back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get Bluetooth back: For the second time now my computer has decided that Bluetooth should mysteriously vanish for no fucking reason. The first time was last month and after trying to reinstall drivers and various other things it randomly came back after a restart. This morning I was connected...
  8. How do I get Bluetooth back after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get Bluetooth back after a windows update.: Please keep in mind that I have read almost every thread and have already tried Starting the Bluetooth Support Service under the services menu and that does not work. I have tried running windows updates again and no luck. I also have tried turning airplane mode on and off...
  9. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  10. How do I get the Anniversary Update??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get the Anniversary Update??: The whole saga about the Anniversary Update has me very confused. How can I determine if I have the update, and if I don't have it how do I get it? 82732