Windows 10: How do I get Cortana back? I guess I uninstalled it?

Discus and support How do I get Cortana back? I guess I uninstalled it? in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I get Cortana back? I guess I uninstalled it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana/b8c6df5f-b005-4b5c-a38f-60c7a02e7f95" Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JM5205, Sep 12, 2019.

1. JM5205 Win User

How do I get Cortana back? I guess I uninstalled it?

:)

JM5205, Sep 12, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 12, 2019
  4. How do I get Cortana back? I guess I uninstalled it?

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get Cortana back? I guess I uninstalled it? - Similar Threads - Cortana guess uninstalled

2. Why? How do I get rid of this? Some new feature I guess. ???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why? How do I get rid of this? Some new feature I guess. ???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/caud1llo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uxyabd/why_how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_some_new_feature_i/
  3. I uninstalled Microsoft Update Health Tools by mistake. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I uninstalled Microsoft Update Health Tools by mistake. How do I get it back?: I know it is in update KB4023057 but I can't find the file for version 21h1 of windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-microsoft-update-health-tools-by/6ee6a9c3-e8af-4fe8-bc1d-9c6f110d6c51
  4. I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?

in Cortana
    I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?: Cortana has been uninstalled - I have a right side pop-up. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-rid-of-cortana-how-i-do-that/86412021-d161-4646-bf9e-8652ce80b142
  5. Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cortana = disgusting how do I uninstall this junk?: I find it truly sickening that, in a time of high online privacy concerns, Microsoft decides to install spyware on my WORK computer, completely without my consent. I was looking around online for ways to uninstall it, but sites warn that tampering with the Windows registry...
  6. how do i uninstall cortana

in Cortana
    how do i uninstall cortana: how do i uninstall cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-cortana/e98d2919-4fca-48d5-af6a-0b5e9dbc2f0e
  7. I uninstalled OneDrive by mistake. How to get it back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I uninstalled OneDrive by mistake. How to get it back?: I uninstalled OneDrive by mistake from Settings > Apps. How to get it back to File Explorer in the side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uninstalled-onedrive-by-mistake-how-to-get-it/28f38d34-ea0f-47b5-a704-6dc32d9aa080
  8. how do i get cortana installed

in Cortana
    how do i get cortana installed: please advise me on how to get cortana for windows 10. is there another search element that allows any question to be typed on the task bar. while i am working, i quite often need an answer quickly....
  9. How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana

in Cortana
    How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana: I appreciate that it exist and understand it has its uses but for me? Not really, I've never found it useful and it just sits in the background hogging ram. If it wouldn't be too much trouble I wouldn't mind being informed of a way to disable Cortana as there is nothing in...
  10. How do i uninstall Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i uninstall Microsoft Edge and Cortana: These seem very, very, very useless to me and i want them off my pc because they cause an annoyance to me >inb4 op, cortana and edge are superior, op, why do you want to uninstall them? please just tell me how to locate these programs in my registry to get them the hell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I uninstalled cortana how do I get it back

2. how to get cortana back

3. show cortana taskbar