Windows 10: How do I get ctrl+alt+arrow back or replace it?

Discus and support How do I get ctrl+alt+arrow back or replace it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My hybrid laptop (Yoga 3) doesn't change between portrait and landscape anymore, which is annoying already, and since the last Windows 10 update, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/balille, Nov 13, 2019.

1. How do I get ctrl+alt+arrow back or replace it?

My hybrid laptop (Yoga 3) doesn't change between portrait and landscape anymore, which is annoying already, and since the last Windows 10 update, I can't manually change with ctrl+alt+(arrow) anymore either. The only thing that works is goin to the Intel HD Graphics menu and click my way through, which is clumsy even after I put it in the task bar corner, and worse in tablet mode with a thick finger.

Is there a way to either get the automatic change of orientation back, or the key shortcut, or to make a macro + shortcut or something?

submitted by /u/balille
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/balille, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Ctrl + Alt + Arrow keys don't rotate the screen at all

Hi Jill,

You can change your screen orientation in the Display settings if you want to rotate your screen but
    Ctrl+Alt+Arrow keys is not working. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Display settings.
    • Select your preferred screen orientation under the Orientation
      tab.
    • Click Apply and select Keep changes.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

How do I get ctrl+alt+arrow back or replace it?

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

How do I get ctrl+alt+arrow back or replace it?

1. How do I get ctrl+alt+arrow back or replace it? - Similar Threads - ctrl+alt+arrow replace

2. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...: Good day, expert in the house,. My system first displayed blue screen error which read your system ran into a problem and needs to restart. After sometime, it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command which I don't...
  3. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...: Good day, expert in the house,. My system first displayed blue screen error which read your system ran into a problem and needs to restart. After sometime, it says bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command which I don't...
  4. bootmgr is missing press Ctrl+alt+del to restart. I did and it brought different command...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors: When I hit the keyboard shortcut combination mentioned above. Windows will stretch the application I want to move "from one monitor to another " across both monitors. I want to know how I can have this work normally again like the keyboard shortcut from Microsoft says it is...
  6. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors: When I hit the keyboard shortcut combination mentioned above. Windows will stretch the application I want to move "from one monitor to another " across both monitors. I want to know how I can have this work normally again like the keyboard shortcut from Microsoft says it is...
  7. Windows + Shift + Arrow Stretches Screen Across All Monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  9. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  10. Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors

Improve switch apps Ctrl + Alt + Tab when using multi monitors: In Window, when we use two or three monitors, we use hot key Ctrl + Alt + Tab to open switch apps, all apps appear on main monitor, include apps of extra monitors, this one is really annoyed due to there are many apps on the main monitor, spend a lot of time to look up app to...