Windows 10: How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

Discus and support How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to have the icons on the desktop, appear expanded when I click on them? The icons in the taskbar when I click on them appear expanded.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonmacnl, Sep 9, 2019.

1. jonmacnl Win User

How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

Is it possible to have the icons on the desktop, appear expanded when I click on them? The icons in the taskbar when I click on them appear expanded.

:)

jonmacnl, Sep 9, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 9, 2019
  4. How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

1. How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them? - Similar Threads - desktop icons appear

2. How do i reset my computer so my desktop icons appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i reset my computer so my desktop icons appear: how do i reset my computer to get my desktop icons back? Lost them yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-computer-so-my-desktop-icons/e5e9583e-e1a8-40ba-825c-4eefe6e1ae70
  3. Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?

Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back?: Desk top icons have disappeared, how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-icons-have-disappeared-how-do-i-get-them/e90d337e-33ca-4209-b434-a1af9d0c94ef
  4. Numbers do not appear when I click on them

Numbers do not appear when I click on them: Numbers DO NOT appear when I click on them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/numbers-do-not-appear-when-i-click-on-them/04d425e1-10e6-4427-aa7f-258e95f294b8
  5. how do I put an icon on the desktop?

how do I put an icon on the desktop?: I cannot put icons on the desktop? nothing I do seems to work. There are icons already part of the operating system; I mean "new" icons from URLs...
  6. I need to recover my desktop icons. How do I do this?

I need to recover my desktop icons. How do I do this?: I need to recover my desktop icons haven't used my computer in a long while and they have disappeared off the screen. Can someone help me?...
  7. Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them: Hey folks! I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense [img] [img] [img] Why this is happening? Thanks in advance! 111174
  8. How do i get rid of the music menu that appears when i pause?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i get rid of the music menu that appears when i pause?: Hi, I have a keyboard with a volume dial and skip buttons on it... when i change either of these i get this menu that stays for about 10 seconds and is really annoying http://image.prntscr.com/image/9dd1c...43150154a4.png any way to disable it? 81744
  9. How do I get "Get Windows 10" Icon ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get "Get Windows 10" Icon ?: I've tried updating to Windows 10 using Media creation tool, but it isn't working with me! Is there any way I can get the icon so that I can update to Windows 10 through normal procedure ? And yeah My system is eligible for the update. 24480
  10. How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar: I have pinned MS Word and Excel to my taskbar and when I right click either icon, the last used files are listed. On Win 7 there was a way of increasing the number of files showing on this list, if I remember well. Since I have 5 pinned files on top of the list, there is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I get a file that looks like it is going off my screen