Windows 10: How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

Discus and support How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to have the icons on the desktop, appear expanded when I click on them? The icons in the taskbar when I click on them appear expanded.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jonmacnl, Sep 9, 2019.

1. jonmacnl Win User

How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

Is it possible to have the icons on the desktop, appear expanded when I click on them? The icons in the taskbar when I click on them appear expanded.

:)

jonmacnl, Sep 9, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 9, 2019
  4. How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them?

1. How do I get desktop icons to appear expanded when I click on them? - Similar Threads - desktop icons appear

2. WiFi icon isn't appearing, how do I get it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi icon isn't appearing, how do I get it back: When I was playing a game, I lost my internet suddenly and soon realized that the WiFi icon had disappeared so, I can't connect to my Wifi network....
  3. WiFi icon isn't appearing, how do I get it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi icon isn't appearing, how do I get it back: When I was playing a game, I lost my internet suddenly and soon realized that the WiFi icon had disappeared so, I can't connect to my Wifi network....
  4. Windows 11 clock wont expand when clicked, and I can only click on one of them when I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 clock wont expand when clicked, and I can only click on one of them when I have...: in windows 10, you could click the clock in the corner and it would display the clock in a much bigger font, ideal for when Im sitting on my bed and the normal clock is too small to read, now on windows 11, it no longer shows you the clock when clicked, never mind displaying...
  5. Windows 11 clock wont expand when clicked, and I can only click on one of them when I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 clock wont expand when clicked, and I can only click on one of them when I have...: in windows 10, you could click the clock in the corner and it would display the clock in a much bigger font, ideal for when Im sitting on my bed and the normal clock is too small to read, now on windows 11, it no longer shows you the clock when clicked, never mind displaying...
  6. System icons not opening when I click on them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System icons not opening when I click on them: Hi all, Hoping I could get some help. I've googled around but not been able to find a fix yet. I'm trying to open things from the system tray (WiFi, action centre, date time etc) but unable to open most of them. Further, I can't seem to open and view available networks from...
  7. My icons change when i click on them

in Windows 10 Customization
    My icons change when i click on them: So i changed my task bar icons to custm white ones and on one monitor it works perfectly fine where as on my other monitor as soon as i click on it it changes to the original icon it usedto be. And i have ADHD so it kinda irritates me. So if anyone has a solution please...
  8. Numbers do not appear when I click on them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numbers do not appear when I click on them: Numbers DO NOT appear when I click on them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/numbers-do-not-appear-when-i-click-on-them/04d425e1-10e6-4427-aa7f-258e95f294b8
  9. Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them: Hey folks! I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense [img] [img] [img] Why this is happening? Thanks in advance! 111174
  10. How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar: I have pinned MS Word and Excel to my taskbar and when I right click either icon, the last used files are listed. On Win 7 there was a way of increasing the number of files showing on this list, if I remember well. Since I have 5 pinned files on top of the list, there is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I get a file that looks like it is going off my screen