Windows 10: how do I get email to function on Windows 10?

Discus and support how do I get email to function on Windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Dell 5548 laptop, that came with the crappy Windows 10. I have had reset the operating system three times already in my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kenward42, Oct 18, 2016.

1. kenward42 Win User

how do I get email to function on Windows 10?

I recently purchased a new Dell 5548 laptop, that came with the crappy Windows 10. I have had reset the operating system three times already in my attempt to get the computer operating properly. Now I cannot get the Windows Mail program to pick up my emails from my ISP provider. Also I am having trouble getting the system to import my favorites to Firefox from a USB flash drive. Can someone please help me resolve these problems? I contacted Dell, but they will not help with a problem with the operating system unless I pay extra, even though the computer is under warranty. Dell tells me that my warranty only covers hardware, and not the crappy Windows 10 operating system. Dell also tells me that Microsoft doesn't warranty their operating systems.

:)

kenward42, Oct 18, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Oct 18, 2016
  3. How do I get to my email contact list on Windows 10?

Re: Aswin Anand's reply of September 30, 2015

The reply to accessing a Contact List to Windows Mail probably was adequate to accomplished "10" users.

But, to a user of limited skills it doesn't make the cut. Not everyone is an accomplished "10" user.

The "Quick Stare Guide" IS OF NO ASSISTANCE. Not all Dell customers are computer literate.

Larry S.

LarrySteese, Oct 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, in what format are your bookmarks on your flash drive?

how do I get email to function on Windows 10? [​IMG]

As regards email, as I assume you know, you will need to get the server settings from your ISP.
    I can't comment on the Mail app; I use Thunderbird.

Perhaps someone can help you if you say exactly what the problem is-- screenshots can really help.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2016
Thema:

1. how do I get email to function on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - email function

2. I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two email addresses with the same name, except one was created by my school and the...: how can i consolidate these emails into 1, because i notice that after a few years i get locked out of my email that was created by my school and spend about a week trying to get back, regardless if i check my mail or not. i can still access my school email using the mail...
  3. Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard substituting letters instead of numbers on email address: As an ARC member I receive novels to review, however as of last update unable to send email address as it is substituting letters for numbers....
  4. Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax | Forward as email grayed out: I am running Windows 1903 (Also did not work on 1809). I have tried installing Office 2010, 2016, 2019. Each time setting my default email client to Outlook. Still, in Windows Fax and Scan the forward as email button is grayed out....
  5. Setting up a Roadrunner email account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up a Roadrunner email account on Windows 10: Using the windows 10 mail app it is easy to set up the email account with only the email address and password. the problem is that I do not receive mail on my windows 10 laptop or iPhone when my email / PC Outlook is open. If outlook is closed on my PC emails will show up on...
  6. outlook email change?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    outlook email change?: In past I was able to delete outlook emails 20 at time and then go back and deselect those in the 20 I wanted to keep. Now when I select emails for delete it wants to delete everything in my inbox - thus now I must select each email individually to delete unless I want to...
  7. EDGE to SHARE MAIL function - how to choose which email appears first in list???

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE to SHARE MAIL function - how to choose which email appears first in list???: So, I have multiple emails setup within the MAIL app. When I am in EDGE and use the "share"/"Mail" function, I am presented with a blue window that lists the emails from which to choose. The problem is that the email I want to use 100% of the time appears as the 3rd email...
  8. Email accounts no longer function in Windows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Email accounts no longer function in Windows 10 Mail app: I have one outlook.com account on my Windows 10 Mail app and four other email accounts. Today the four other accounts stopped working. Clicking on them, left or right, makes no difference, they are completely inert. The outlook.com account is fine though. Hoping to put things...
  9. Cortana email function

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana email function: Have set up Cortana in windows 10. Works OK. I ask to send email and it asks for contact name. No contact is listed in drop box list. Cannot send mail. I have functioning Comcast, Outlook and Gmail accounts. How do I establish contacts in Cortana. 19140
  10. Cortana email function place attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana email function place attachment: Have Windows 10 PC. I am able to compose Cortana email but I cannot find how to place attachment. Please help 19334