Windows 10: how do I get email to function on Windows 10?

Discus and support how do I get email to function on Windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Dell 5548 laptop, that came with the crappy Windows 10. I have had reset the operating system three times already in my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kenward42, Oct 18, 2016.

1. kenward42 Win User

how do I get email to function on Windows 10?

I recently purchased a new Dell 5548 laptop, that came with the crappy Windows 10. I have had reset the operating system three times already in my attempt to get the computer operating properly. Now I cannot get the Windows Mail program to pick up my emails from my ISP provider. Also I am having trouble getting the system to import my favorites to Firefox from a USB flash drive. Can someone please help me resolve these problems? I contacted Dell, but they will not help with a problem with the operating system unless I pay extra, even though the computer is under warranty. Dell tells me that my warranty only covers hardware, and not the crappy Windows 10 operating system. Dell also tells me that Microsoft doesn't warranty their operating systems.

:)

kenward42, Oct 18, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Oct 18, 2016
  3. How do I get to my email contact list on Windows 10?

Re: Aswin Anand's reply of September 30, 2015

The reply to accessing a Contact List to Windows Mail probably was adequate to accomplished "10" users.

But, to a user of limited skills it doesn't make the cut. Not everyone is an accomplished "10" user.

The "Quick Stare Guide" IS OF NO ASSISTANCE. Not all Dell customers are computer literate.

Larry S.

LarrySteese, Oct 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, in what format are your bookmarks on your flash drive?

how do I get email to function on Windows 10? [​IMG]

As regards email, as I assume you know, you will need to get the server settings from your ISP.
    I can't comment on the Mail app; I use Thunderbird.

Perhaps someone can help you if you say exactly what the problem is-- screenshots can really help.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2016
Thema:

1. how do I get email to function on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - email function

2. Win11, why yahoo email text return ENTER FUNCTION doesn't work under Edge browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11, why yahoo email text return ENTER FUNCTION doesn't work under Edge browser: under Win11, why yahoo email text return...the ENTER key doesn't work under Edge browser, but works for Chrome? how can I get it to work under Edge?...
  3. Win11, why yahoo email text return ENTER FUNCTION doesn't work under Edge browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11, why yahoo email text return ENTER FUNCTION doesn't work under Edge browser: under Win11, why yahoo email text return...the ENTER key doesn't work under Edge browser, but works for Chrome? how can I get it to work under Edge?...
  4. Just in the last day or two some of the emails coming to me through the Mail function is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just in the last day or two some of the emails coming to me through the Mail function is...: Within the last couple of days, emails coming from some people through Mail function as carrying all the meta data and are unintelligible. This is a small sample. Mail coming through the AOL via Edge is all correct...so how do I fix?-Originating-Ip:...
  5. Just in the last day or two some of the emails coming to me through the Mail function is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just in the last day or two some of the emails coming to me through the Mail function is...: Within the last couple of days, emails coming from some people through Mail function as carrying all the meta data and are unintelligible. This is a small sample. Mail coming through the AOL via Edge is all correct...so how do I fix?-Originating-Ip:...
  6. Just in the last day or two some of the emails coming to me through the Mail function is...

7. Windows 10, in "Email & Accounts", the Remove function is not working, can't remove a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, in "Email & Accounts", the Remove function is not working, can't remove a...: In the Email & Accounts area under Settings->Accounts, I have two "Microsoft Accounts" defined and one "Work and school account" defined. I want to remove the two Microsoft account entries and leave just the "Work and school account". One of the Microsoft Accounts doesn't...
  8. Windows 10, in "Email & Accounts", the Remove function is not working, can't remove a...

Windows 10, in "Email & Accounts", the Remove function is not working, can't remove a...: In the Email & Accounts area under Settings->Accounts, I have two "Microsoft Accounts" defined and one "Work and school account" defined. I want to remove the two Microsoft account entries and leave just the "Work and school account". One of the Microsoft Accounts doesn't...
  9. Windows 10, in "Email & Accounts", the Remove function is not working, can't remove a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows 10 Mail app does not have the function to search for folders when moving an email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail app does not have the function to search for folders when moving an email: Hello, The issue in subject is a problem as we are using many email folders in our system hundreds!. When moving an email from the inbox to its 'destination folder', we have to go through the entire list of folders. This is a tedious ineffective way of doing that. Comparing...