Windows 10: How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...

Discus and support How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ...from Quick Access? I circled the location I want them back: [img] I removed certain folders from this location by right clicking and selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by womack123, Oct 14, 2019.

1. womack123 Win User

How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...

...from Quick Access? I circled the location I want them back:

How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them... [​IMG]

I removed certain folders from this location by right clicking and selecting "Remove from Quick Access". I now want them back there for ease. Please let me know how to do this. Much appreciated.

:)

womack123, Oct 14, 2019

2. Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows.Old Folder removed

just run the disk cleanup on C: drive to remove the windows.old folder, no need to get convoluted about it.

Mussels, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them... - Similar Threads - folders under Recent

2. How do I get my ngc folder back after deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my ngc folder back after deleting: I deleted my ngc file cuz I locked myself out of my dell latitude 3189 and I couldn't get past the "something happen and you need to set up pin." Well now that I deleted it when I try to log in on the hello screen it's just a blue screen...
  3. How do I get my ngc folder back after deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my ngc folder back after deleting: I deleted my ngc file cuz I locked myself out of my dell latitude 3189 and I couldn't get past the "something happen and you need to set up pin." Well now that I deleted it when I try to log in on the hello screen it's just a blue screen...
  4. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  5. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Recent folders!!!!: I've been searching through the forums and despite MANY posts regarding this throughout the years, I found no solution.How do I get a Recent folders option from INSIDE application's menus like save or when uploading files through a browser etc?I'm a UX and UI professional...
  6. How do I get Recent folders!!!!

7. Thumbnail Preview on Folders are gone in windows 11. How do i get them back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Preview on Folders are gone in windows 11. How do i get them back.: in windows 10 we are able to see a thumbnail of a file superimposed onto the file icon. in windows 11 that is gone. I am not the only one who misses this feature, but all the other forums don't really tell me how to fix it.the image bellow is what i am talking about...
  8. Thumbnail Preview on Folders are gone in windows 11. How do i get them back.

Thumbnail Preview on Folders are gone in windows 11. How do i get them back.: in windows 10 we are able to see a thumbnail of a file superimposed onto the file icon. in windows 11 that is gone. I am not the only one who misses this feature, but all the other forums don't really tell me how to fix it.the image bellow is what i am talking about...
  9. Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.: I have the option "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" off. However since the last update whenever I either copy or move a file into any folder windows puts that folder under the Recent group in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix this? 30778
  10. How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove the folders under "This PC" but keep them elsewhere?: I couldn't fit it all in the title. Basically what I'm trying to ask for is if there is a way to remove the folders from "This PC" so I'm just displaying my hard drives like before. I'd like to keep the folders under quick access, and I would like to keep the folders in...