Windows 10: How do I get from DOS Shell>that shows on by screen back to Windows 11

Discus and support How do I get from DOS Shell>that shows on by screen back to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I woke up my laptop to find that I was in a DOS environment with Shell> showing on my screen. I do not know how this happened. It might have been after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gary G.42, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Gary G.42 Win User

How do I get from DOS Shell>that shows on by screen back to Windows 11

I woke up my laptop to find that I was in a DOS environment with Shell> showing on my screen. I do not know how this happened. It might have been after a software update. I would like to get back to Windows Windows 11. Can anyone help me with the solution?

:)

Gary G.42, Mar 19, 2023

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar and Start Menu are not showing.

Please try reinstalling GPU drivers and see if it fixes the problem.

Troubleshoot problems with Shell in Windows 11 – Your Windows Guide

Re-register Shell Experience App

The first step you can try is to re-register Windows Shell. To do this, execute the following actions.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on your computer. Select Task Manager from the list.
    • Specifically, Click File>New Task.
    • Type Powershell, check “Create this task with admin privileges”, and press Ok.
    • Then, in the new Window that opens, paste the following and press enter.
    Close the Powershell Window and see if the Start menu is working again

Check if the Start menu is working in Safe mode.

The best way to troubleshoot if an App is causing problems with the start menu is by booting into safe mode. In the Safe Mode, the computer starts with a minimal set of drivers and startup apps, which may help troubleshoot the problem.

Therefore, to start the computer in Safe mode, see the steps below:

• Please open the Windows Recovery environment using the steps below:
    • Press and hold Shift, and click the Restart button on the lock screen to open Recovery options. Click Advanced options>Troubleshoot.
    • Under Troubleshoot, go to Startup Settings>Restart>Press 4 for Safe mode on the screen.
    • Aftwerwards, Log in to Safe mode and if the things work, try removing any recently installed program/driver.
    Try updating or rolling back Graphics drivers.

Sometimes, an updated display driver may also cause Windows Shell to stop working. If you believe GPU drivers recently updated, see the steps below:

• In the Task Manager, type devmgmt.msc in File>New Task, and press enter.
    • Expand Display.
    • Double click the GPU device and select the Driver tab.
    • Click Update Driver. If there are no updates available, click the Rollback button.
    • Furthermore, do it for both GPUs if your device has multiple ones. Usually, the Integrated device is at fault.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Mar 19, 2023
  4. Phusius Win User

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

1. How do I get from DOS Shell>that shows on by screen back to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - DOS Shell>that shows

2. How do I get back to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to windows 11?: I ma currently in a class learning about virtual machines and downloaded windows 10 to use on my virtual machine and accidentally downloaded it to my computer so everything I had on it has now disappeared. How do I reverse this because zi have a lot of important things that...
  3. How do I get back to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get back to windows 11?: I ma currently in a class learning about virtual machines and downloaded windows 10 to use on my virtual machine and accidentally downloaded it to my computer so everything I had on it has now disappeared. How do I reverse this because zi have a lot of important things that...
  4. How do I get back to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get from DOS Shell>that shows on by screen back to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get from DOS Shell>that shows on by screen back to Windows 11: I woke up my laptop to find that I was in a DOS environment with Shell> showing on my screen. I do not know how this happened. It might have been after a software update. I would like to get back to Windows Windows 11. Can anyone help me with the solution?...
  6. How do I get back to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back to Windows 11?: I had to reset my notebook in the process of fixing a hardware issue, was already running Windows 11, but now I'm back to Windows 10 and the update back to 11 it's not showing up. How do I get back to Windows 11?...
  7. How do I get back to Windows 11?

How do I get back to Windows 11?: I had to reset my notebook in the process of fixing a hardware issue, was already running Windows 11, but now I'm back to Windows 10 and the update back to 11 it's not showing up. How do I get back to Windows 11?...
  8. How do I get back to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do I get Windows 11 Back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 11 Back?: I had Windows 10 then upgraded to windows 11. Had problems with my computer. I rebooted it and lost windows 11. How do I get Windows 11 back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-11-back/3ea2847e-4d91-478f-b0db-9fcdc025f5a3
  10. How do I get Windows 11 Back?

How do I get Windows 11 Back?: I had Windows 10 then upgraded to windows 11. Had problems with my computer. I rebooted it and lost windows 11. How do I get Windows 11 back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-11-back/3ea2847e-4d91-478f-b0db-9fcdc025f5a3