Windows 10: How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?

Discus and support How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Normally my taskbar with transparency effect enabled isn't transparent at all and just has a blurred color but when I updated my Nvidia graphics driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by XboxG0Krazie, Jan 25, 2023.

1. How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?

Normally my taskbar with transparency effect enabled isn't transparent at all and just has a blurred color but when I updated my Nvidia graphics driver the taskbar become transparent while it was installing, afterwards it reverted to normal and I haven't been able to find an answer online, I watched a video and added the registry DisableAcrylicBackgroundOnLogon but that only disables the blur on the lock screen which isn't what I want. What I want is a transparent taskbar where I can see my wallpaper through it.This is how it looks with transparency enabled:This is the registry I added:

:)

XboxG0Krazie, Jan 25, 2023

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 25, 2023
  3. ZanThrax Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Level

Well, it's bad design then. What reason is there for restricting options like this? Is Microsoft trying to be Apple? My taskbar was nicely translucent in Windows 7 for years, and now it's so close to opaque that there might as well not even be a "transparent"
    option. 90% opaque is a pretty pointless transparency setting.

ZanThrax, Jan 25, 2023
  4. How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?

Taskbar isn't transparent after upgrading to 1903

As the topic suggests, after I upgraded from 1809->1903, I seem to have lost the transparency of the Taskbar as seen in the screenshot below. Or maybe it's still transparent, but just barely. Looked so much better before upgrading to 1903.

I already did some searching and found a couple of tips such as disable/enable Transparency effects under Settings-Personalization-Colors. But to no avail.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro and if of importance, my GPU is a 2080 Ti from MSI running the latest Nvidia drivers.

Thanks for any tips on how to get the nice look of the Taskbar back that was present before upgrading to 1903!

How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar? 242286d1565006437t-taskbar-isnt-transparent-after-upgrading-1903-a-taskbar-no-transparency.jpg

WebMaximus, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?

1. How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar? - Similar Threads - full 90% transparency

2. How do I fix a transparency glitch with my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a transparency glitch with my taskbar?: Hello, I've been having trouble with my taskbar, and nothing I seem to do has been able to fix it. It is constantly transparent even though I've turned off the transparency settings. Due to this, I can never see any of the icons i.e. the time, battery, wifi, etc. without a...
  3. How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?: Normally my taskbar with transparency effect enabled isn't transparent at all and just has a blurred color but when I updated my Nvidia graphics driver the taskbar become transparent while it was installing, afterwards it reverted to normal and I haven't been able to find an...
  4. How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get full/90% transparency on taskbar?: Normally my taskbar with transparency effect enabled isn't transparent at all and just has a blurred color but when I updated my Nvidia graphics driver the taskbar become transparent while it was installing, afterwards it reverted to normal and I haven't been able to find an...
  5. How do I get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11?: How do I get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11? Transparency is enabled. Is this a bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-transparent-taskbar-in-windows-11/8ff079dc-33a8-494a-b2ce-7500aa353d2c
  6. How do I get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11?: How do I get a transparent taskbar in Windows 11? Transparency is enabled. Is this a bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-transparent-taskbar-in-windows-11/8ff079dc-33a8-494a-b2ce-7500aa353d2c
  7. How do I make the taskbar be more transparent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make the taskbar be more transparent: The taskbar has some transparency effects, but it's limited to lights and background colours. I want it to show text and images blurred out. Like the old windows aero theme. Where the taskbar showed everything that was behind with a cool blur. submitted by /u/al3x_7788...
  8. Taskbar transparency effect changed. How do I make it less transparent.

Taskbar transparency effect changed. How do I make it less transparent.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yokesh_kdk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fy12op/taskbar_transparency_effect_changed_how_do_i_make/
  9. How do I fix my taskbar transparency?

How do I fix my taskbar transparency?: My taskbar is completely transparent on one monitor and very opaque on the other. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/SpaceEngineX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2odhn/how_do_i_fix_my_taskbar_transparency/
  10. How do I make 100% transparent Taskbar

How do I make 100% transparent Taskbar: I already had the 100% transparent taskbar without any programs. But suddenly the option disappeared and the taskbar turned color again (5% transparent) How do I make the taskbar transparent without programs? submitted by /u/Hioreh [link] [comments]...