Windows 10: How do I get games I purchase in the Store to show up on Family Member

Discus and support How do I get games I purchase in the Store to show up on Family Member in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the parent. I have my family set up on account.microsoft.com I purchased Mimecraft on my account and though I could share this software so my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by garywi01, Feb 10, 2021.

1. garywi01 Win User

How do I get games I purchase in the Store to show up on Family Member

I am the parent. I have my family set up on account.microsoft.com

I purchased Mimecraft on my account and though I could share this software so my 11 year old could play it.

If my child is logged into the MS store Mimecraft does not show as being owned. I see now way to download it from my childs account.

When I log into my account on the childs computer, I can see Mimecraft installed and can launch it.

How can I get Minecraft on my kids computer.

Windows 10 Home 1909

Thank you

:)

garywi01, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Routz Win User

Game sharing with family members

Hi,

I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile.

I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my family members. I believe this is possible with xbox play anywhere games.

Logged into one childs account, went to microsoft store, found game but it seems to want me to buy it again! Should it just say Install instead of Buy?

We dont have an xbox console. Do we need any other xbox stuff( pass, software etc.)?

Thanks for any sugestions.

Routz, Feb 10, 2021
  3. RRotter Win User
    Store game not showing as purchased ... and not playable

My son purchased the Store game PuppetShow: Porcelain Smile. His account wallet showed that there was a deduction for the proper amount. His list of purchases does NOT show the purchase.

When attempting to load the game,he gets a dialog box stating "You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:" <the game name>. This appears to be a common problem based on searches. This then becomes an unresolvable loop failure.

We need to have the purchased game show up and become playable.

RRotter, Feb 10, 2021
  4. How do I get games I purchase in the Store to show up on Family Member

Store game not showing as purchased ... and not playable

Hi, RRotter,

I am an Independent Advisor and will assist you.

Have you contacted Microsoft Store about the issue?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/28808/...

Is the child signing into the device under your account with his own PIN number?

Have you checked your account to determine if the game is listed in your purchases?

Have you tried logging into your child's Store account using your PIN number instead of his?

Check the steps listed in this thread on Sharing apps with Family

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/henrikn/2015/1...

Pat

Smittychat., Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

How do I get games I purchase in the Store to show up on Family Member

1. How do I get games I purchase in the Store to show up on Family Member - Similar Threads - games purchase Store

2. How do I share Minecraft with family members

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I share Minecraft with family members: I know this question has been asked before by others but I can not seem to get this to work. I purchased Minecraft using my account and would like to share it with my daughters account. I have a family set up, with myself and my daughters accounts. I followed the steps here:...
  3. How do I share Minecraft with family members

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I share Minecraft with family members: I know this question has been asked before by others but I can not seem to get this to work. I purchased Minecraft using my account and would like to share it with my daughters account. I have a family set up, with myself and my daughters accounts. I followed the steps here:...
  4. How do I share Minecraft with family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?: I recently bought Minecraft on the Windows 11 Microsoft Store, and I am wondering if the Microsoft Store has a family purchase sharing feature like Google Play Family Library One person has to buy the game/app and the whole family has access to it. Is there a way to do it on...
  6. How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?

How do I share games I purchased on the Microsoft Store with my family?: I recently bought Minecraft on the Windows 11 Microsoft Store, and I am wondering if the Microsoft Store has a family purchase sharing feature like Google Play Family Library One person has to buy the game/app and the whole family has access to it. Is there a way to do it on...
  7. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  8. How do I change a family member birthdate?

How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  9. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  10. Family Member not showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...