Windows 10: How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?

Discus and support How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I go to save a gif the only choice in have is to save it as a .mp4 file submitted by /u/Beans-McCheese [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Beans-McCheese, Aug 22, 2020.

1. How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?

Whenever I go to save a gif the only choice in have is to save it as a .mp4 file

submitted by /u/Beans-McCheese
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Beans-McCheese, Aug 22, 2020

2. USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    Saving GIF images...

Not getting any suggestions at this forum is scary...*Huh, so I did some further review of this issue today...

Virus Total's 56 AV engines came up clean for the GIF v89a in question, pretty much confirming the effectiveness of my security protection. Running an "sfc /scannow" also came up clean. Tested on another W10 desktop (v1809), same version as the original system, the GIF worked just fine, including saving the file without crashing the app used.

Moved the saved file to the original system, opened the GIF in IE11 and saved the file in to a different location. IE11 did not crash, nor did any other apps tried. That puzzled me, until I realized updates were applied to both systems yesterday.

A quick check of the "explorerframe.dll" showed file date as 09.15.2018, file version 10.0.17763.1; this file had not been updated yesterday. IE11, Outlook, etc had not been updated either, based on their dates. This probably means that other system files, that actually caused the app crash, had been updated. The event generated incorrectly identified both, the app and the DLL file. Thanks to the updates yesterday, where some system DLL had been updated, it fixed my issue with saving GIF files...

Cr00zng, Aug 22, 2020
  4. How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?

Mp4 videos and GIFs are displayed only in the colours black,white and green

Do you have any mp4 vids or animated gif files saved on your hard drive? If you play those locally on the device do they play correctly?

let us know.

-Richard

RichardEiler, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4?

1. How do I get gifs to save as a gif file and not an mp4? - Similar Threads - gifs save gif

2. how to open .gif files in photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open .gif files in photos: Unable to open .gif files which keep showing up in my Photos program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-gif-files-in-photos/f1d4a2e0-3e30-4e81-868d-2a1039951cd9
  3. how to open .gif files in photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open .gif files in photos: Unable to open .gif files which keep showing up in my Photos program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-gif-files-in-photos/f1d4a2e0-3e30-4e81-868d-2a1039951cd9
  4. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  5. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers: Hi. I'm going out of my mind. I've run scans as an administrator through command prompts, shut off my extensions, browsed for malware, viruses, etc., and I'm at a loss. Whenever I right-click on a GIF to save it and choose Save As Image, it comes up as a .txt file opening...
  6. GIFs saving as .txt files on browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. GIF Screensaver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GIF Screensaver: Is there a possible way to put a GIF as a screensaver? submitted by /u/tonilovesgames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0uzxu/gif_screensaver/
  8. Viewing .GIF Files

Viewing .GIF Files: Only find inadequate programs available in Microsoft Store to view .GIF files. Simply hard to believe it is so difficult to find a good working and available program. I cannot even get a downloaded program to upgrade. I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee for something that...
  9. Gif on opening???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gif on opening???: I don't know if it's windows related, but a computer in my class has been... Locked? A gif of nyan cat (not joking) is consistently on, the moment the pc is turned on. No button input does anything, but we were able to enter the bios. No windows startup screen is shown, just...
  10. Saving GIF images...

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving GIF images...: Hello, this issue may have been discussed, but I didn't find the thread... I received a GIF image from a known source in Outlook, that opened up in IE11. Trying to save the GIF in Outlook by specifying location, results in this error message in the event viewer and Outlook...