Windows 10: How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP?

Discus and support How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; One of the things I like about WMP is the sidebar that shows all the tracks of the album I am playing. I was wondering if it was possible to get Groove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gadflyonthewall, Oct 17, 2021.

1. How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP?

One of the things I like about WMP is the sidebar that shows all the tracks of the album I am playing. I was wondering if it was possible to get Groove to do the same thing?

:)

gadflyonthewall, Oct 17, 2021
  2. Sasha100 Win User

WMP Will Not Save Playlist

I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed. I am trying to use WMP and create some music playlists. When I create a list of songs and try to save them as a playlist I get a pop-up that says: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist". I have clicked on "Web Help" in the pop-up box and tried all the suggested solutions, but none of them have solved the problem. Can you please help.

Sasha100, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Sasha100 Win User
    WMP Will Not Save Playlist

Update: I have done a few things since posting:
    1. I have shut off WMP by going to Control Panel, typing in "windows features', finding WMP and 'unchecked' the box. Then 'restarted' my computer. Then I went back to Control Panel (as before) and 'checked' the WMP box. I was lead to believe that this would reset WMP, but it did not work.

2. As stated in my original post: I clicked on "Web Help" that is part of the pop-up that says 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the playlist'. I followed the suggested solutions (2) but that did not work either.

3. This problem occurs if I put in music files on the right hand side of WMP and try to save to a playlist by using the 'save' button, OR trying to 'create' a playlist on the left hand side of WMP.

Thanks for any help!

Sasha100, Oct 17, 2021
  4. How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP?

Using Groove music in win 10, remove a song from playlist does not remove it

That will remove a song if you are in playlist mode, but it really does not work from a practical perspective.

I'm listening to a playlist. I want to remove a song.

The playlist shows, BUT the song that is being played does not show on the screen, where the list of songs is, the playlist is just shown, looks like from the beginning.

So, if you hit select now, there is no way to "find" the song..

If you hit "now playing", then indeed the song will show up in the list, and then you can hit the select, get the check boxes, BUT now the option to remove from the playlist is NOT shown, you can only DELETE the song.

The problem is that you cannot get the song that is playing to the select list without hitting the now playing button, and then you have apparently shifted from the playlist view to the now playing view, and you don't have the context of the playlist to
    remove the song...

It's a terrible user interface and makes the playlist a joke.

I'll mess around with it some more, but this should be a simple, intuitive operation, not an exercise in computer science against a flawed user interface.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will see if there is some way to "trick" groove music.

Regards, Greg

Greg Elmassian, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP?

1. How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP? - Similar Threads - Groove show playlist

2. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  3. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  4. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  6. Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?

Groove Music ~ how do I "Play All"?: We've recently bought a new computer and have transferred all the music files over from the previous PC. They still play fine, but when I choose a particular album now there is no "PLAY ALL" option visible ~ and it will only play one track at a time, which is pretty...
  7. How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP?

How do I get Groove to show a playlist when I select 'play all' like WMP?: One of the things I like about WMP is the sidebar that shows all the tracks of the album I am playing. I was wondering if it was possible to get Groove to do the same thing?...
  8. how to permanently delete groove playlists

how to permanently delete groove playlists: I started using GROOVE Music on windows 10. There are several playlists that were automatically created. I went into playlists and selected them to be deleted. However, next time I start up Groove they are back. Where are they stored and how can I permanently delete...
  9. How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?

How do I alphabetize the songs in my playlist in Groove Music player?: I have created a playlist called Favorites but every time I add a new group of songs they show up at the end. I would like them in alphabetical order. Is there any way to do this easily?...
  10. WMP Will Not Save Playlist

WMP Will Not Save Playlist: I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed. I am trying to use WMP and create some music playlists. When I create a list of songs and try to save them as a playlist I get a pop-up that says: "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while creating or saving the...