Windows 10: How do I get internet access after system restore?

Discus and support How do I get internet access after system restore? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marie 35, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Marie 35 Win User

How do I get internet access after system restore?

Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security.

:)

Marie 35, Apr 16, 2024
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy. I have tried the following:
    1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender) So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Apr 16, 2024
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 16, 2024
  4. xfire Win User

Internet accessible only through IE

As the title says it only IE can access the internet. It's on my laptop with a wireless connection. The system was affected by virus and some permissions are still blocked. I'm positive that maximum of the virus is gone. How do I restore permissions like changing security center settings? No other browser is able to access the internet.

xfire, Apr 16, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I get internet access after system restore? - Similar Threads - internet access system

2. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  3. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  4. Why can’t I access Internet after Windows 7 System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can’t I access Internet after Windows 7 System Restore?: I am unable to access the internet after running system restore factory reset for Windows 7 on my Dell desktop PC. I use an Ethernet cable to connect to my router and this network connection says it is good AND says it is connected to the internet but I am unable to access...
  5. Why can’t I access Internet after Windows 7 System Restore?

Why can’t I access Internet after Windows 7 System Restore?: I am unable to access the internet after running system restore factory reset for Windows 7 on my Dell desktop PC. I use an Ethernet cable to connect to my router and this network connection says it is good AND says it is connected to the internet but I am unable to access...
  6. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  7. System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing

System Restore on a laptop - how do I know system restore is progressing: Trying to do a system restore to a few days ago screen hasn’t changed in over 2 hours Please wait your windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registryHow do I know process is progressing?Can I stop and restart process?How long should I...
  8. Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore: My computer was compromised two days ago from an attachment to an email from one of my contacts. After having several issues I completed a system restore that was able to resolve the issues that I was having. However, after completing the system restore, I can no longer...
  9. How do I perform System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I perform System Restore: Split from this thread. How do I restore my computer windows 10 to earlier date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-perform-system-restore/712bf6f8-c461-4d30-be17-54d5f9663a69
  10. How do I restore system after it breaks

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore system after it breaks: Hi, I'm done with this problem. I've been over it so many times and nothing ever works. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit Home I have 2 drives in my PC. One is 60GB SSD, other one is 500GB HDD. The SSD has only `C:/` on it, with Windows (System partition). The HDD has `D:/`...