Windows 10: How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?

Discus and support How do I get internet search back in the task bar search? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It seems to have completely disappeared. I use it quite often, and would like to know what setting I'm not seeing. Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by caresrg, Jul 20, 2020.

1. caresrg Win User

How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?

It seems to have completely disappeared. I use it quite often, and would like to know what setting I'm not seeing. Thanks!

:)

caresrg, Jul 20, 2020

2. Exited out of Cortana how do I get it back on?

Hi Monica,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience caused, be assured that we are here to help you with your concern.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Did you removed Cortana from the task bar?
    • Are you logged in using Microsoft account?

If you remove the search icon from the taskbar, Cortana will also be removed. To enable Cortana, we have to get the search bar back onto the taskbar. To do that, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the taskbar.
    • Select Search.
    • Choose the option “Show Search Box.”
    • You will see the search box on the taskbar.

To Enable Cortana, follow the steps below.

• Tap the Search bar on the task bar.
    • Select the Hamburger icon
      How do I get internet search back in the task bar search? 1c09c552-684e-4831-aa79-5e721796e6b0.png
      towards the top left corner.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under “Do you want Cortana to work for you”, ensure that it is turned “On” as shown below.

Hope it helps. Please reply to us for any further help and we will be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Anil111 Win User
    how do i get the search bar back on the taskbar and hide cortona

how do i get the search bar back on the taskbar and hide cortona, right click on task bar does not show search or search bar unhide option

Anil111, Jul 20, 2020
  4. How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?

Get Search the web and Windows back on task bar

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the search bar is not on my task bar. When I right click on the task bar Search is not one of my options as the directions above suggest. I have the Cortana Circle, but would rather have the search bar. Any help
    is appreciated.

KathyPaulette, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I get internet search back in the task bar search?

1. How do I get internet search back in the task bar search? - Similar Threads - internet search task

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar: i would like the fun icons back on my search bar. I know a lot of peope don't like this but I do. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-fun-icons-back-on-my-search-bar/a065c8ac-5458-4583-95c4-54dfd189e5f1
  5. How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar

How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar: i would like the fun icons back on my search bar. I know a lot of peope don't like this but I do. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-fun-icons-back-on-my-search-bar/a065c8ac-5458-4583-95c4-54dfd189e5f1
  6. How do I get the fun Icons back on my search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?: Hi, Today I opened my laptop to see a floating searchbar on my desktop.Without really considering it I disabled it at startup and closed the program, the issue is that I'm now curious about it and can't seem to find a setting to enable it or app to execute it, I remember it...
  8. New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?

New desktop search bar, how do I get it back?: Hi, Today I opened my laptop to see a floating searchbar on my desktop.Without really considering it I disabled it at startup and closed the program, the issue is that I'm now curious about it and can't seem to find a setting to enable it or app to execute it, I remember it...
  9. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  10. Internet search not working from the search task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...