Windows 10: How do I get keyboard to repeat letters when I hold down a key. Backspace.

Discus and support How do I get keyboard to repeat letters when I hold down a key. Backspace. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Would like to get repeat when I hold down backspace key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeithHenry1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. How do I get keyboard to repeat letters when I hold down a key. Backspace.

Would like to get repeat when I hold down backspace key

:)

KeithHenry1, Aug 4, 2019

2. How do I get keyboard to repeat letters when I hold down a key. Backspace.

Would like to get repeat when I hold down backspace key

KeithHenry1, Sep 28, 2019
  3. hoyomi Win User
    Hold Key Doesn't Repeat in Every Application in WIndows 10

I am using Dell XPS13 9360 running Windows 10 with everything up to date (Windows update, Dell update, Bios, Intel Chipset, etc).

Recently, possibly after last bios upgrade, holding keys no longer repeat properly in every applications. A few examples:

• Office 2016 - backspace repeats but arrow and delete keys don't
    • Chrome/IE11 - nothing repeats
    • Edge - all keys repeat as expected

I tried all the suggestions around ticking or unticking "User Filter Keys" option. It didn't solve the problem. On-screen keyboard has the same behavior

The only way to "fix" the issue is to uninstall all keyboard drivers in device manager and reboot following the prompt. Once the PC is back up, every key repeats normal, but only till the next reboot where the issue reoccurs.

Is there anything else I can try to solve the problem once for all?

hoyomi, Sep 28, 2019
  4. LoganTank Win User

How do I get keyboard to repeat letters when I hold down a key. Backspace.

Keyboard repeats letters slow

I have a laptop with windows 10 on it and my laptop keyboard and my usb keyboard repeats letters slow i have filter keys on and I have tried to change the settings but it is still the same the driver is up to date but still does it. This happend by my
    cat stepping on letters on my keyboard Please help!

LoganTank, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I get keyboard to repeat letters when I hold down a key. Backspace.

1. How do I get keyboard to repeat letters when I hold down a key. Backspace. - Similar Threads - keyboard repeat letters

2. Mouse not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working when holding down a key: I have three mice that all have this same problem, so I think this is a fault on my laptop (this also happens with the touchpad). Whenever I hold down a key for some reason, laptop will not register any right/left clicks. I've tried restarting, updating the drivers and I'm...
  3. Shift key not working when holding down a key

Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  4. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.: Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?...
  5. Keyboard Keys Don't Function Properly When Holding, Repeats Quickly

Keyboard Keys Don't Function Properly When Holding, Repeats Quickly: So pretty much what happened is: i was playing a game, when all of a sudden, when i held down a key, it just acted like i was tapping it repeatedly, thus slowing me down and giving me an unfair disadvantage. For example, when i pressed tab for a pop up menu, the menu just...
  6. Keyboard Keys Don't Function Properly When Holding, Repeats Quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Keys Don't Function Properly When Holding, Repeats Quickly: So pretty much what happened is: i was playing a game, when all of a sudden, when i held down a key, it just acted like i was tapping it repeatedly, thus slowing me down and giving me an unfair disadvantage. For example, when i pressed tab for a pop up menu, the menu just...
  7. My backspace key won't repeat when pushed down for a long time

My backspace key won't repeat when pushed down for a long time: My backspace key won't repeat when pushed down for a long time on my HP laptop. If I tap the backspace it will delete letters one at a time but if I press down on it to remove a whole line it does nothing. I have to delete letters one by one or highlight text and delete....
  8. Keyboard repeating instead of holding in games

Keyboard repeating instead of holding in games: Yesterday I got a new keyboard, however it's recently been faulty. When I hold down W for example in games, the movement will kind of flicker. basically, it's functioning as if it's typing. If i hold W and D together, it will only press one at a time. (My keyboard)...
  9. Touchpad does not respond when I am holding key on the keyboard

Touchpad does not respond when I am holding key on the keyboard: it's becoming a real problem trying to play like that... please help 103765
  10. How to hold down a key with cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hold down a key with cmd: I play a game when i need to type a key every time i talk, the push to talk feature. How can i avoid this thing with CMD? Like when i type it hold it down until i push it another time or continues to type C for an infinite time? 41941

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set up back space to repeat