Windows 10: How do I get Mail and Groove to open on startup?

Discus and support How do I get Mail and Groove to open on startup? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have used the windows startup folder to get certain apps to open on startup, apps like File Explorer. But for some reason Mail and Groove Music do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SandyMasia, Aug 4, 2020.

1. How do I get Mail and Groove to open on startup?

I have used the windows startup folder to get certain apps to open on startup, apps like File Explorer. But for some reason Mail and Groove Music do not do this. They, Mail and Groove, briefly open and close or they close before they open. Why?

This is frustrating because I think having Mail and Groove open on startup would make my life easier.

I know Mail service runs on startup, that is how I get notifications, but what I want if for the Mail window to open on startup so I can already read.

:)

SandyMasia, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I get Mail and Groove to open on startup? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 4, 2020
  4. How do I get Mail and Groove to open on startup?

Groove Music Will Not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

I understand that you were suggested to uninstall and reinstall the Groove app. But, when you try to uninstall the app, you are getting an error. Is that correct?

Have you tried to troubleshoot the Groove app? If you haven't, please refer the following help article and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10

If the issue still persist, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Windows Powershell
      in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell
      and select Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage.

You can click on this link to download the app
    Groove Music

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I get Mail and Groove to open on startup?

1. How do I get Mail and Groove to open on startup? - Similar Threads - Mail Groove open

2. How do I disable Bing from Opening on Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable Bing from Opening on Startup: I want to stop Bing from opening when I start up my computer. Below are all the things I have tried:If you have any Bing application installed on the computer, you can do it from the Task Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task...
  3. how do open windows mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do open windows mail: how do open windows mail on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-open-windows-mail/daea3fcb-5630-4c43-a543-3ca0e41acb52
  4. how do open windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do open windows mail: how do open windows mail on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-open-windows-mail/daea3fcb-5630-4c43-a543-3ca0e41acb52
  5. How do I get my mail to work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get my mail to work?: I saved a photo using "save as". Once I did, I opened the photo and sent it to myself using "share" so I could process it on another computer. I got a notification I had received this email.I did the same thing again. Still no notification.I tried to do it again but I can't...
  6. how do I get my yahoo mail

how do I get my yahoo mail: I can't seem to get to my yahoo mail any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-yahoo-mail/5aad72c2-ad43-4a3e-a289-2f097e35917e
  7. how do I get windows to open my mail

how do I get windows to open my mail: i have my email address set up on my new computer but it isn't working. when i click on my email the box says no mail received yet even though I know email is there because it is coming through my phone...
  8. How to get THIS PC opened at StartUp

How to get THIS PC opened at StartUp: When I asked this before, was I was given code that I ran in a batchfile in \StartUp\. That worked for a while, then the window no longer opened in the position where I wanted it, and now THIS PC does not open at all after reboot. The system is x64Win10Prov2004...
  9. How Do I Get Mail To Show Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Get Mail To Show Folders: I am using Outlook for email the one you get by clicking Start and then the Mail tile. My folders used to show up on the left side of the email screen, and the mail to the right of the folders. I must have clicked on something by mistake - now the folders do not show up....
  10. Windows Mail - How do I Get Started

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail - How do I Get Started: I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 with a POP email account. I have a new desktop running Windows 10. How do I get started? The posts I see when I do a search are mostly dated in 2015. Are there any more-current user guides that would help? I will also want to...