Windows 10: How do I get Microsoft to investigate a Windows Update that continually causes my computer...

Discus and support How do I get Microsoft to investigate a Windows Update that continually causes my computer... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ENRIZBJpj2S81IX3atTVrqd The issue is I have had to reinstall my OS a few times.. and it's always for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by that1guyyep101, Jan 27, 2021.

1. How do I get Microsoft to investigate a Windows Update that continually causes my computer...

Specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ENRIZBJpj2S81IX3atTVrqd

The issue is I have had to reinstall my OS a few times.. and it's always for the same reason. There are 3 updates that will randomly decide to install.

I am not sure which one but they say...

"Intel - Net - 12.19.0.16"

"Intel - System - 10/3/2017 12:00:00 AM - 11.7.0.1045

"Intel - Net - 12.18.11.1"

Again I am not sure which update exactly but I know for sure it is one of those.

It always says something about page fault in nonpaged area.

Like I said I have had to reinstall the OS a few times because of this same issue and these same "updates"

It's pretty much always the same results. I go to turn on the computer... it bluescreens... says page fault in nonpaged area. Then does the whole "diagnosing" thing or whatever. Then it "attempts repairs" and usually is never able to fix itself. It takes me to the recovery tools menu or whatever it's called... where it gives you the options to do startup repair, system restore, etc, etc.

I try startup repair and that usually doesn't fix the issue.

I try the option where you can uninstall quality update or uninstall feature update. I try both of those and neither of those help. It is unable to do either one of those.

I mess with it and mess with it some more and finally give in and reinstall the entire OS just to have it ruined again by one of the updates mentioned at the beginning of this post.

So how do I get a hold of Microsoft to get them to look at the specs of my machine, and see why these updates are legit RUINING it OVER AND OVER????????

Like I want an actual Microsoft employee to get in touch with whoever they need to get in touch with and figure out why these updates are trash.

So is there a way for me to get a Microsoft employee to view this thread and pull these bad updates so they quit getting pushed to my computer and breaking it????

Anyways... for those that may ask... no I am not hitting the "check for updates" button within windows update.

Sometimes I'll just go to Settings>Update & Security and it will list all 3 of the updates I mentioned at the beginning of this post.

Then there will be a button at the bottom that says "Install now"

I DO NOT click it. But even though I DID NOT click it within a little while it tries to install them anyways and my computes breaks again.

Other updates install just fine. The computer will work for a few weeks even. But as soon as I see the updates I mentioned at the beginning of this post it's game over. Because even though I never click "Install now" they try to install anyways and they break the computer.

I am so tired of it. I want actual help from a Microsoft employee. Quit pushing trash updates to my computer that are breaking it. DO QUALITY CONTROL.

Picture of what I'm talking about: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15vpEJclvZbQ1pBxmpxEodmOslMhEraEv/view?usp=sharing

I do have video proof as well if needed. I just ran low on space on my google drive so I removed the videos off there. But I can re-upload them if needed.

:)

that1guyyep101, Jan 27, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 27, 2021
  4. How do I get Microsoft to investigate a Windows Update that continually causes my computer...

Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

How do I get Microsoft to investigate a Windows Update that continually causes my computer... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

How do I get Microsoft to investigate a Windows Update that continually causes my computer...

1. How do I get Microsoft to investigate a Windows Update that continually causes my computer... - Similar Threads - Microsoft investigate Update

2. How do I get my computer to update??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my computer to update??: I have not been on my computer in a long time and now that I need it, it will not update to Version 10. There are a hanful of updates open and they all just say "pending" it will update to a 100% and then just restart. I have ran troubleshoot and I have completely reset my...
  3. How do I get my computer to update??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my computer to update??: I have not been on my computer in a long time and now that I need it, it will not update to Version 10. There are a hanful of updates open and they all just say "pending" it will update to a 100% and then just restart. I have ran troubleshoot and I have completely reset my...
  4. How do I get into my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get into my computer.: After using this computer for years, I go to login and it says this account doesn't exist, I try to create a new one with the same name and it says it already exists. When I create a new one with a different name it says set a pin, if I try to it says error. If I hit skip it...
  5. How do I get into my computer.

How do I get into my computer.: After using this computer for years, I go to login and it says this account doesn't exist, I try to create a new one with the same name and it says it already exists. When I create a new one with a different name it says set a pin, if I try to it says error. If I hit skip it...
  6. how do I investigate a charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I investigate a charge: My credit card is being charge $8.25 monthly by Microsoft. I have a couple MS accounts, but I have looked at all of them and I don't see the source of this charge. Is there a way to track down a charge using the credit card that is being charged? Thanks,Randall C Thomas...
  7. how do I investigate a charge

how do I investigate a charge: My credit card is being charge $8.25 monthly by Microsoft. I have a couple MS accounts, but I have looked at all of them and I don't see the source of this charge. Is there a way to track down a charge using the credit card that is being charged? Thanks,Randall C Thomas...
  8. how do I investigate a charge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft Internal Solorigate Investigation Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Internal Solorigate Investigation Update: As we said in our recent blog, we believe the Solorigate incident is an opportunity to work together in important ways, to share information, strengthen defenses and respond to attacks. Like other SolarWinds customers, we have been actively looking for indicators of the...
  10. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 update issues: Windows 10 KB4556799 is plagued with audio issues and temporary user profile bug, according to user reports. Additionally, it appears that Windows 10’s important security patch is causing performance issues including frame-rate drops and Blue Screen of Death errors. Some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel net 12.18.11.1