Windows 10: How do I get Minecraft to work correctly on Windows 10 with Microsoft Family content...

Discus and support How do I get Minecraft to work correctly on Windows 10 with Microsoft Family content... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My daughter likes to play Minecraft on our laptop - it's a Windows 10 Acer with Microsoft Family enabled to restrict Apps and Web browsing when she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by otherwordlyglow, Nov 10, 2018.

1. How do I get Minecraft to work correctly on Windows 10 with Microsoft Family content...

My daughter likes to play Minecraft on our laptop - it's a Windows 10 Acer with Microsoft Family enabled to restrict Apps and Web browsing when she uses it. Minecraft can be played when she's logged into her Windows account but as of a few months ago, the sound doesn't play - it's entirely silent. Everything else works fine. I've checked all the sound settings on Minecraft and on Windows and can't get it play any Minecraft sounds but sound works fine in web browsing and other apps.

Today I logged into my (adult) Windows account on the same machine and loaded Minecraft (it's the same Minecraft account for both of us). It took a while to load and I could see all kinds of new files loading as it started up and then the sound came on! Minecraft seemed to work fine under my Windows account.

So then I switched back to her (child) Windows account and loaded Minecraft again and signed it to the same Minecraft account I had been using while logged into Windows as me but the sound was STILL not working so clearly there's something about the content restrictions on Microsoft Family that are inhibiting sounds for Minecraft, right?

I've tried changing the restriction setting to a older age range for Apps but it hasn't helped.

:)

otherwordlyglow, Nov 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 Family reports not showing up

Hello,

Well, there are some additional steps which needs to be enabled once we are in Windows 10, that was the reason I had suggest to follow the steps from the link, but as you have mentioned that everything was setup correctly you may follow the steps and check.

• Press Windows key + R key.

• Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.

• Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from

familysafety.microsoft.com
    the next time you sign in.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Minecraft Not Working On Windows 10 Home

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with Minecraft is not working on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

I would like to know few more details on the below questions to understand the issue better.

• What is the latest build, installed on your system?

This issue occurs due to conflict between the third party applications and improper java installation on your system.

Please refer to the suggestions of Sara Mohammedi, replied on May 15, 2015, to fix your issue with Minecraft on Windows 10.

Mine craft in Windows 10 Not Working.

Minecraft in Windows 10 Not Working

I would like to inform you that, it is a java error and I would suggest you to reinstall java application and check, if it works. Let’s try to follow the steps in the link below.

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/download_options.xml

I would also recommend you to try reinstalling the game and also run the game in the compatibility mode.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 10, 2018
  4. How do I get Minecraft to work correctly on Windows 10 with Microsoft Family content...

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

How do I get Minecraft to work correctly on Windows 10 with Microsoft Family content...

1. How do I get Minecraft to work correctly on Windows 10 with Microsoft Family content... - Similar Threads - Minecraft correctly Microsoft

2. How do I share Minecraft with family members

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I share Minecraft with family members: I know this question has been asked before by others but I can not seem to get this to work. I purchased Minecraft using my account and would like to share it with my daughters account. I have a family set up, with myself and my daughters accounts. I followed the steps here:...
  3. How do I share Minecraft with family members

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I share Minecraft with family members: I know this question has been asked before by others but I can not seem to get this to work. I purchased Minecraft using my account and would like to share it with my daughters account. I have a family set up, with myself and my daughters accounts. I followed the steps here:...
  4. How do I share Minecraft with family members

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?

Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?: Hello,I seem to be having an issue with MS Store, one that I have never encountered before and have run out of options to try and fix it. I have done all the usual "fixes", reset the store app via settings, reset via Command Prompt, run Powershell, made sure that my system...
  6. Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?

Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?: Hello,I seem to be having an issue with MS Store, one that I have never encountered before and have run out of options to try and fix it. I have done all the usual "fixes", reset the store app via settings, reset via Command Prompt, run Powershell, made sure that my system...
  7. Microsoft Store not working correctly, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do I get Minecraft with microsoft points

How do I get Minecraft with microsoft points: I have over 1,600 points and I think that is enough for minecraft,but how do I get minecraft windows 10 edition with microsoft points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-minecraft-with-microsoft-points/0548d304-dbba-4f75-81b9-0cc14c12ac2f
  9. Microsoft family content restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family content restrictions: I've set my son up with a child's account and only want to allow him access to certain websites. I inputted all the web addresses but when he tries to access a video on the website for his homework it says that he needs to ask for permission. How can I override this to...
  10. How do I get minecraft windows 10 back?

How do I get minecraft windows 10 back?: So, I have gotten a new computer. The problem is I signed in with the same details but when I try to go play Minecraft it doesn't show.I was wondering if I could get some assistance with this but if I don't get help it will be fine because I am gonna re-buy the game.If you...