Windows 10: How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

Discus and support How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I reinstall Windows will it ask me to enter my key? If so, how do I get it from my device? submitted by /u/Austinitered [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Austinitered, May 22, 2020.

1. How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

If I reinstall Windows will it ask me to enter my key? If so, how do I get it from my device?

submitted by /u/Austinitered
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Austinitered, May 22, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 22, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, May 22, 2020
  4. How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

1. How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows? - Similar Threads - activation key device

2. how do i get my product key?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get my product key?: I am having trouble getting my product key, I tried trouble shooting but all to no avail.... I would really appreciate your help, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-product-key/ef9046d1-e062-4ab9-97c8-7f8ed6970e16
  3. how to reinstall power director that came with my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to reinstall power director that came with my computer: how to reinstall power director that came with my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-power-director-that-came-with-my/61630617-3351-4acf-ad02-67bc25c9c90b
  4. How do I Transfer Activation Key To A Different Device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I Transfer Activation Key To A Different Device: I have a win 10 pro key that I used on my desktop. I am at college and will not have access to my desktop for a while. I can transfer its activation key over to my laptop with out access to the desktop PC?...
  5. I want to activate my windows 10, how do i get a new product key

I want to activate my windows 10, how do i get a new product key: I want to activate my windows 10, how do i get a new product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-activate-my-windows-10-how-do-i-get-a/c13cc52d-64ff-4810-9531-0bbb6c92109b"
  6. How do I get Win 7 games on my Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Win 7 games on my Win 10?: how do I get W7 games on my W10 , safe & easy * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-win-7-games-on-my-win-10/32713fe3-8443-42bf-8a44-bee01e09d507
  7. how do i get my activation code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i get my activation code: how do i get my activation code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-activation-code/ccba0715-2bd8-4894-9166-8e1ffae4f929
  8. Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?

Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?: So I have a REALLY SLOW old laptop and I'd like to reset/restart/reinstall Windows 10 but the OS came preinstalled. How can I find the existing key on this slowed down computer?...
  9. how do i get rid of crome from my win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i get rid of crome from my win 10: I was down loading a new Flash Player and all of a sudden i have have crome as my BROWSER and i want my INTERNET EXPLORER back... How can I get rid of crome off my win 10 system???????...
  10. how do I find my activation key for windows 10

how do I find my activation key for windows 10: my windows 10 is running okay but I cannot activate it what causes this and where do I find my activation key? 69630