Windows 10: How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

Discus and support How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I reinstall Windows will it ask me to enter my key? If so, how do I get it from my device? submitted by /u/Austinitered [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Austinitered, May 22, 2020.

1. How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

If I reinstall Windows will it ask me to enter my key? If so, how do I get it from my device?

submitted by /u/Austinitered
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Austinitered, May 22, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, May 22, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, May 22, 2020
  4. How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows?

1. How do I get my activation key from a device that came with Win 10 when reinstalling windows? - Similar Threads - activation key device

2. How do I get a student activation key for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get a student activation key for Windows 10?: I have been told that I should have access to a Windows 10 student license, but I never needed that before because my laptop had an OEM install. After my laptop broke I got a desktop PC instead. I can't transfer the license from my laptop to my desktop, so I thought I should...
  3. How do I get a student activation key for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a student activation key for Windows 10?: I have been told that I should have access to a Windows 10 student license, but I never needed that before because my laptop had an OEM install. After my laptop broke I got a desktop PC instead. I can't transfer the license from my laptop to my desktop, so I thought I should...
  4. How do I get a student activation key for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I download Windows on my device using the license that came with the device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I download Windows on my device using the license that came with the device?: I asked my university to update the device and they downloaded the business version, and it's a personal device, I don't know how to restore the original they wiped out that software...
  6. how do I download Windows on my device using the license that came with the device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I download Windows on my device using the license that came with the device?: I asked my university to update the device and they downloaded the business version, and it's a personal device, I don't know how to restore the original they wiped out that software...
  7. How do I get an activation key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get an activation key?: So I had PC laptops put together my PC for me and they installed windows but said they were unable to activate it on my behalf. They didn't give me an activation or product key and claim that I should be able to buy one on the microsoft store but I can't find the option to...
  8. How do I get to Win 10 from here?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get to Win 10 from here?: I have my Mom's eMachine Win 7. It quit working, then one day it was back, so I installed Linux over Win 7. I have used a restore disc to get Win 10 on here, but there's no key. How do I get this straightened out? Do I have to just buy Win 10 and start from scratch?...
  9. Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on key, Windows 10 came preinstalled - how do I locate the key?: So I have a REALLY SLOW old laptop and I'd like to reset/restart/reinstall Windows 10 but the OS came preinstalled. How can I find the existing key on this slowed down computer?...
  10. how do i get rid of crome from my win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i get rid of crome from my win 10: I was down loading a new Flash Player and all of a sudden i have have crome as my BROWSER and i want my INTERNET EXPLORER back... How can I get rid of crome off my win 10 system???????...