Windows 10: How do I get my address book back after reinstalling W10?

Discus and support How do I get my address book back after reinstalling W10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 which deleted most of my programs. I reinstalled Mozilla Thunderbird which is my email client but now find that my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lbeck, Jan 31, 2019.

1. lbeck Win User

How do I get my address book back after reinstalling W10?

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 which deleted most of my programs. I reinstalled Mozilla Thunderbird which is my email client but now find that my contacts list is empty. How can I get it back? I have two Gmail accounts and one Hotmail account. I checked my browser-based Gmail account and contacts are missing there also.

I checked my laptop where Windows was not installed thinking to export from there and import to my desktop. No addresses there either.

How can I get my contacts/address book back?

:)

lbeck, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Florio Win User

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Address book

Hi Cameron,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Is the Address book that you are referring to for your Outlook account?
    • Do you want to receive emails from selected email addresses only?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you’ve done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Alicia J Win User

How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person.

When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my name-contacts. When you go to the export file section, it is called suggested contacts. If I export this file and open it in excel, it shows names and street addresses with no email address listed. There are also names in the file that are no longer in my address book.

How do I get the address book to export the current list from my address book, and how do I get the excel file to show the email address?

Alicia J, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get my address book back after reinstalling W10? - Similar Threads - address book reinstalling

2. How do I add the address book in Windows to a tablet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add the address book in Windows to a tablet?: I would like to add the "people: app to a tablet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-the-address-book-in-windows-to-a/944e0538-1ad7-42e3-a1b4-ad17dd571187
  3. how do I add addresses to my address book?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I add addresses to my address book?: take me to my address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-addresses-to-my-address-book/6afc86a8-d89c-48ab-83c6-38857b4bf600"
  4. how do I notify my address book that I am changing my e-mail address

how do I notify my address book that I am changing my e-mail address: how do I notify my address book that I am changing my e-mail address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-notify-my-address-book-that-i-am-changing/112cb94a-14b1-492b-8504-27fedd2dcc67"
  5. How do I delete outdated addresses from my billing address book?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I delete outdated addresses from my billing address book?: The buttons for Editing and Deleting my addresses are not clickable and the help is not... helpful I only have one payment method setup which does not use those addresses. Any way to delete them? I don't want to delete my Microsoft account... Here's what it says:...
  6. Can I get my Outlook Contacts back after reinstalling W10 and O10?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can I get my Outlook Contacts back after reinstalling W10 and O10?: OK, I reinstalled W10 and Office 2010. I use outlook.com as my email. I lost all my contacts and calendar information. I did try to save my ost file before reinstalling. But I read that is not actually transferable. Is there some way for me to get that data back by moving...
  7. address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  8. Address Book

Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  9. How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book: I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person. When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my...
  10. How Do I back up W10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How Do I back up W10: One last question guys, you have all been very patient with me and I appreciate that so much. I have now reinstalled W10...Now, what do I need to do take make a backup copy on a dvd? Is it simple?...I hope! *Biggrin 21645

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after reinstall win10 no address book contacts

2. address book after reinstall