Windows 10: How do I get my already installed software to show up when I type in the "Type here to...

Discus and support How do I get my already installed software to show up when I type in the "Type here to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, I have 2 drives in my computer, on one I just keep my windows files, and on the other, I keep my downloaded files, games, files, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Python119, Sep 5, 2020.

1. How do I get my already installed software to show up when I type in the "Type here to...

Long story short, I have 2 drives in my computer, on one I just keep my windows files, and on the other, I keep my downloaded files, games, files, and software. Not I've recently reinstalled windows on my drive with windows on it. Now when I search for software that I've downloaded, they predictively don't show up when I search for them. How can I make them show up instead of just reinstalling all the software? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Python119
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Python119, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Hueristic Win User

BGA Package types

Where can I find a list of Pitcairn and Tahiti types (I.E.) Pinouts.

Hueristic, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Sep 5, 2020
  4. How do I get my already installed software to show up when I type in the "Type here to...

Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled after the updates. We suggest that you try rebuilding your search index by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I get my already installed software to show up when I type in the "Type here to...

1. How do I get my already installed software to show up when I type in the "Type here to... - Similar Threads - already installed software

2. when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?: when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-type-i-get-how-do-i-fix-it/4e0223e6-b5cb-48db-a40a-aad3ad371e7a
  3. when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?: when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-type-i-get-how-do-i-fix-it/4e0223e6-b5cb-48db-a40a-aad3ad371e7a
  4. when I try to type @ I get ". How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do i type on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i type on my laptop: i have been struggling to type on my laptop. how do you do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-type-on-my-laptop/820e0379-d847-4edf-9b9f-b47438a56c9d
  6. Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search

in Cortana
    Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search: The icons for the apps that are in the "Type here to search" section have completely disappeared and I don't know how to get them back. I would like some help for this because it isn't showing any icons just like what the picture shows. Definitely appreciate some help....
  7. Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search: The icons for the apps that are in the "Type here to search" section have completely disappeared and I don't know how to get them back. I would like some help for this because it isn't showing any icons just like what the picture shows. Definitely appreciate some help....
  8. Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Type here to search text goes green, and when I type in it it is invisible...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search text goes green, and when I type in it it is invisible...: Yeah my brothers came in and touched some stuff on my pc, I fixed the rest but I can't fix this. Just some extra information - I have the free trial of windows.snip of invisible text and green search barDoes anyone know how to fix this, if so please let me know, thanks!...
  10. How to install the cangjie typing software

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install the cangjie typing software: To whom it may concern, How to install the cang jie typing software? Thanks ! Best Regards, Andre So https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-the-cangjie-typing-software/d4dc2cba-2b3b-44cd-998c-b6ebcd4450f1