Windows 10: How do I get my ASUS Blu-Ray/M-Disk Writer to be Recognised By Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I get my ASUS Blu-Ray/M-Disk Writer to be Recognised By Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm going to ask a question and answer it in one message because I saw a similar question that did not actually address the issue correctly and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAGB - MCET, Sep 6, 2018.

1. How do I get my ASUS Blu-Ray/M-Disk Writer to be Recognised By Windows 10?

I'm going to ask a question and answer it in one message because I saw a similar question that did not actually address the issue correctly and I refuse to have to re-install my whole operating system and software all over again.

Issue:

When installed, the ASUS Blu-ray/M-Disk Writer is detected by the BIOS but not by Windows 10.

Question:

How do I get Windows to recognise my drive?

ANSWER:

----------

To resolve the issue, open "Device Manager"

Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Remove all the devices.

Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers and delete all the ATA Channel device drivers. (Do not Restart until after all the devices are removed)

Restart your computer.

All the DVD drives should now be visible.

(This solved the issue for me.)

:)

SAGB - MCET, Sep 6, 2018
  2. solara54 Win User

Blu Ray Fix on Windows 10

Is there a fix to use a blu ray writer on Windows 10? Do I have go back to Windows 7 to have my Samsung blu ray writer to be recognized? I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks

solara54, Sep 6, 2018
  3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Sep 6, 2018
  4. jgunning Win User

How do I get my ASUS Blu-Ray/M-Disk Writer to be Recognised By Windows 10?

Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

Did it come with a warranty..?It should just work.. *Cool How do I get my ASUS Blu-Ray/M-Disk Writer to be Recognised By Windows 10? :cool:

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

How do I get my ASUS Blu-Ray/M-Disk Writer to be Recognised By Windows 10?

1. How do I get my ASUS Blu-Ray/M-Disk Writer to be Recognised By Windows 10? - Similar Threads - ASUS Blu Ray

2. LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Blu-ray formatted M-DISC: Hello,I went to use the LG bp50nb40 Blu-ray Disc write drive to load more pictures from my phone to an M-DISC using a new computer. The M-DISC already had many picture and movie files already on it. The laptop computer asked "Use disc like a USB flash drive or with a CD/DVD...
  3. Blu Ray M Disc Copy Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray M Disc Copy Failure: I have small mp4 files most under 20GB that I need to copy to 100GB mdisc. Even If I copy to 100GB misca 8GB I get a not enough space. "There is not enough space on BD-RE Drive. You need an additional 25.9 GB to copy these files.BD RE Drive space 90.2 GB"Using Windows 1064...
  4. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.: I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up...
  5. Blu-ray disk player

Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  6. Can't get my Blu Ray to read any disk

Can't get my Blu Ray to read any disk: Back in August of 2019 my drive worked fine, but recently I tried using it again and it doesn't accept any disk, CD/DVD or Blu Ray. Tried the regedit trick of removing the highfilter in the cdrom key, ran the DISM program but it still comes up with the not migrated error....
  7. Blu rays not recognised in powerdvd 19 in windows 10

Blu rays not recognised in powerdvd 19 in windows 10: The powerdvd software plays cds and dvds fine but I keep getting the message that it doesn't recognise any blu rays when placed in the bdrom drive. I think this is related to a windows update from earlier on in the year. I...
  8. How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?: Microsoft just announced the newest version of Windows. It's called Windows 10. Yes, there's no Windows 9 — Microsoft has decided to skip a digit in search of the perfect name. More importantly, Windows 10 will be a single operating system that finally spans all of...
  9. My Blu Ray player not recognised

My Blu Ray player not recognised: My Blu Ray is connected to my laptop via HDMI but it is not shown anywhere as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-blu-ray-player-not-recognised/0e284b55-a592-4602-8b5c-6409c1571c4b
  10. External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10

External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10: Hello community! I recently switched from windows 7 to windows 10 (1803) and my Blu-ray drive stopped reading Blu-rays. I've tried it with several other PCs/laptops, it was always the same, it worked with windows 7 but not with windows 10. CDs and DVDs work on both systems...