Windows 10: How do I get my calendar dates back?

Discus and support How do I get my calendar dates back? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All the scheduled events in my calendar have just disappeared. It says they cannot show them, but my account provider still has them. What does that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KathleenHurlbutt, Apr 18, 2021.

1. How do I get my calendar dates back?

All the scheduled events in my calendar have just disappeared. It says they cannot show them, but my account provider still has them. What does that mean? Microsoft IS my account provider. Can someone please help with this. I had a lot of appts and such scheduled that are now missing.

:)

KathleenHurlbutt, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

March 1921 date in Calendar month view

Hi Glen,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Which build of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

I would suggest you to try with the following steps.

Method 1:

Sign out of the calendar app and then sign back in.

If it does not help, try to reset the calendar app. To reset the app, please follow the steps mentioned below.

Open the Settings app.

In settings app, click on ‘Apps.

Locate ‘Mail and Calendar’ app in the list of installed apps and click on it.

Click on ‘Advanced options’ under the app name, scroll down and click on ‘Reset’

Launch the Calendar app and go to ‘Month view’ and check if the issue is fixed.

Method 2:

Try with uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Disclaimer: Uninstalling ‘Mail and Calendar’ will require you to reconfigure the accounts with Mail app when reinstalled.

To uninstall the application, please follow the below mentioned steps.

Right click on Start button and choose ‘Windows PowerShell (admin).

Type in the command: ‘Get-AppxPackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    and press the enter key which should remove the app from Windows.

To reinstall it, please open the Store app.

Go to search bar and type ‘Mail and calendar’, click on the app name in suggestions list.

Next, click on ‘Get’ to get the application reinstalled.

Hope it helps.

Peer Abdul Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Howmor Win User
    Hotmail Birthday calendar date fix

I have a complete PDF file showing all the details with pictures but can't attach it on this forum as it won't accept pictures.

If anyone wants it, I can email the coplete PDF (or Word file) to you. In the meantime, here's the text from the PDF. Hope it helps.

How to fix WindowsLive/Hotmail Birthday Calendar date errors in 5 easy steps

A problem sometimes occurs with the Birthday calendar showing an incorrect date even though the date-of-birth details in your contacts are correct. The way to fix this is to delete the Birthday calendar and re-create it.

Notes:

Some people have reported that their Birthday calendar is not automatically populated from their contacts list. This is probably because they are using the wrong template. The Birthday calendar must be created from the drop-down menu as shown in
    step 4 below using “New > Birthday Calendar” because just using “Add a new calendar” and naming it “Birthday calendar” only creates a standard calendar with that name, and not one from the preset Hotmail Birthday calendar template.

Step 1:

Login to your WindowsLive/Hotmail account and open the calendar menu. On the home page, right-click Hotmail in the top menu and select Calendar.

If you’re on the Inbox page, you can either right-click Hotmail and select Calendar or select it at the bottom left of the page.

Step 2: You are now in the primary calendar and can see all the Calendars at the left. If there is no Birthday calendar, skip the next step and go to
    step 4.

Step 3: Select the Birthday calendar and when it comes up, select Delete, and then select Delete again in the dialog box to confirm.

If you have a mobile ‘phone or other device linked to “WindowsLive”, synchronise it now to delete the birthday calendar in it before going to the next step.

Step 4: Now click on the down button in “New” and select “Birthday Calendar”. If the option doesn’t appear in the drop down box, it means you haven’t deleted the old one (see picture at right).

Step 5: Now Save it.

The new calendar will automatically be populated birthdays from your contacts. You will have to re-synchronise your mobile ‘phone or other device to add the new calendar to it and they should now show the correct date.

Howmor, Apr 18, 2021
  4. How do I get my calendar dates back?

Windows 10 Calendar Dates Offset - New Zealand

Hi Jenith,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, the same issue is present on the new account I created.

These are the steps I went through:

• Created a new outlook address and account through Settings>Accounts>Family & other users>Add someone else to this PC.
    • Signed into the newly created account and linked the new email address to the Calendar app.
    • Selected "More calendars" from the bottom-left corner of the calendar app and selected New Zealand from the list of holiday calendars.
    The dates in the newly created calendar were all offset by one day.

Thanks,

Johnny

Johnny825720, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

How do I get my calendar dates back?

1. How do I get my calendar dates back? - Similar Threads - calendar dates

2. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...
  3. Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I pull up the calendar when I click the date and time in the lower right hand...: I am running windows 11 enterprise and I can no longer pull up the calendar when clicking the date and time in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If this is a bug fix it! If its working as intended then bring the functionality back!...
  4. How do I add MS New Outlook's calendar to the time/date in the taskbar on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I add MS New Outlook's calendar to the time/date in the taskbar on Windows 10?: Microsoft is closing down Calendar and forcing everyone to use New Outlook. Ok, fine.If I click the time/date in the W10 taskbar, it shows me the calendar with my events, which is pulled from the Microsoft Calendar program. It doesn't show me the New Outlook calendar, so I...
  5. How do I add MS New Outlook's calendar to the time/date in the taskbar on Windows 10?

How do I add MS New Outlook's calendar to the time/date in the taskbar on Windows 10?: Microsoft is closing down Calendar and forcing everyone to use New Outlook. Ok, fine.If I click the time/date in the W10 taskbar, it shows me the calendar with my events, which is pulled from the Microsoft Calendar program. It doesn't show me the New Outlook calendar, so I...
  6. How do I add MS New Outlook's calendar to the time/date in the taskbar on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. NHL sports calendar not loading dates/games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NHL sports calendar not loading dates/games: I am trying to add sports calendars, but the NHL doesn't seem to be loading - when/how will that be fixed? I can download our local baseball and football schedule but when I select hockey, nothing appears in the calendar. I tried for a couple different teams to test and the...
  8. NHL sports calendar not loading dates/games

NHL sports calendar not loading dates/games: I am trying to add sports calendars, but the NHL doesn't seem to be loading - when/how will that be fixed? I can download our local baseball and football schedule but when I select hockey, nothing appears in the calendar. I tried for a couple different teams to test and the...
  9. clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.: On the bottom right of the task bar next to action center, the calendar and agenda pops up but its showing my original calendar app and not Outlook's calendar.My default apps has Outlook set as the default mail and calendar app but it still doesnt show the correct one. all...
  10. clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clicking the time and date on the task bar not showing the Outlook calendar.: On the bottom right of the task bar next to action center, the calendar and agenda pops up but its showing my original calendar app and not Outlook's calendar.My default apps has Outlook set as the default mail and calendar app but it still doesnt show the correct one. all...