Windows 10: How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly

Discus and support How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I had posted a topic on here previously about my Cut and Paste function, however this function seems to be selective. I can use cut and paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bondy99, Apr 11, 2019.

1. bondy99 Win User

How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly

Hi,

I had posted a topic on here previously about my Cut and Paste function, however this function seems to be selective.

I can use cut and paste using my mouse cursor to highlight on a sentence, copy then paste the highlighted words onto a document, no problem.

I can also do the same function on words on this forum.

This ability is no longer possible on a GPS forum that I'm a member of, it use to work but not now. On the odd occasion I can highlight two words and that's it, try again maybe 30 times and words cant be highlighted.

The only way I can copy the words is do a PrintScreen capture and write the words that I needed.

Also , Coastwatch fishing reports where I had employed Control + S and save as HTML, then open using Notepad, I can then keep what I wanted and discard the rest. This ability worked a few times, but sadly now , it sort of works but I don't get the fishing report details, just a whole lot of goblygook.

Would anyone know how I can resolve this?

Regards,
    Bondy

:)

bondy99, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Apr 11, 2019
  3. my cut and paste is not working

Hello Patricia,

To better manage this thread regarding the cut and paste issue of your device. I'd like to verify if the issue persists. If yes, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you using the shortcut keys or your mouse to cut and paste text?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking the on-screen keyboard if the issue also occurs on it. To open the on-screen keyboard, type
    OSK in the Search box and press
    Enter. Then, try cutting and pasting a text using it and check if the issue persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Apr 11, 2019
  4. How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly

copy/paste function is not working

Original title : Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

I'm not sure I''m in the right area, but my copy and paste functions aren't working. I've tried the Run, OK, services.msc methods searching for the Clipboard and the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.
    Neither is listed. How can I find them and reinstall them Then hopefully my copy and paste functions will start working properly again. Thank Sabrina

SabrinaV86, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly

1. How do I get my Cut and Paste function to work properly - Similar Threads - Cut Paste function

2. How do I get my mouse to work properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my mouse to work properly?: Hi, I have a Logitech Performance MX mouse I also have the keyboard too. I had been using this flawlessly on my Windows 10 laptop but it has issues on Windows 11. If I go into Device Manager it shows up under other devices and shows "The drivers for this device are not...
  3. How do I get my mouse to work properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my mouse to work properly?: Hi, I have a Logitech Performance MX mouse I also have the keyboard too. I had been using this flawlessly on my Windows 10 laptop but it has issues on Windows 11. If I go into Device Manager it shows up under other devices and shows "The drivers for this device are not...
  4. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  5. Short Cut not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Short Cut not working properly: Have a desktop short cut that when activated used to take me directly to my email page. Now it takes me to a Log In page which I have to click on twice and then select the correct security pictures before I get my emails. Noticed that internet provider Bell Mts has changed my...
  6. cut and paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cut and paste: hello i am a user of windows 10 but from the last 2 months the cut copy and paste option is not working properly please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/e427f24d-0525-4807-9603-50dddf0f00d3
  7. copy, cut and paste not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy, cut and paste not working: No matter what I try to do, I can't manipulate folders by cut, copy and paste. It is this way on the desktop, windows explorer and all programs. So far I have reset Windows 10, did a bare metal install of windows 10, and it will still not work. This last time, right after...
  8. Cut and paste in Works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cut and paste in Works: I've long had the problem that cutting text in Word or Excel and trying to paste in a Works database produces just <<Picture>> in the box (there's a thread on that). Now it's putting <<Picture>> in the box even with a simple cut & paste from the adjacent field....
  9. Cut & Paste Functions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cut & Paste Functions in Windows 10: I am unable to highlight text to copy and paste or to cut and paste. Why is this? I do not want to use the keyboard since I have always done it with my mouse before....
  10. File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working: Hi there, I need some help seeing at MS Support could not solve the problem. When trying to copy and paste a file from File Explorer (or Desktop), my "Paste" operations remains disabled. As if the copy operation never actually copied the file. I also noticed that when I...