Windows 10: How do I get my desktop to sleep through the night?

Discus and support How do I get my desktop to sleep through the night? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried Googling answers and tried a whole bunch of stuff like using the cmd to see what woke it up last. I've gone into task scheduler and event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/7_sided_triangle, Jul 7, 2020.

1. How do I get my desktop to sleep through the night?

I've tried Googling answers and tried a whole bunch of stuff like using the cmd to see what woke it up last. I've gone into task scheduler and event viewer and changed a bunch of things to not wake the computer and nothing has worked. 9 times out of 10 I wake up and it's already on again.

submitted by /u/7_sided_triangle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/7_sided_triangle, Jul 7, 2020

2. Removed icon from desktop screen how do i get it back.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• When you say “Support Assistant” are you referring to any program?
    • Did you remove or uninstall from the computer?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Go to Start.
    • Select all apps.
    • Check if the “Support assistant” is listed.
    • If listed Drag & drop to the desktop screen.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 7, 2020
  3. yahanna Win User
    How Do I Get Downloaded Files as Last on Desktop?

When I download a file to my desktop it ends up in the upper left hand corner of the desktop all the time, like it was the first file. How do I get it as the last file of all the files listed on the desktop?

yahanna, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Wingo101 Win User

How do I get my desktop to sleep through the night?

How do I overclock my system?

Can somebody please tell me step by step, how I can overclock my CPU to get good results but still a very stable system.

Have a look at my specs.

Wingo101, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I get my desktop to sleep through the night?

1. How do I get my desktop to sleep through the night? - Similar Threads - desktop sleep through

2. How do I get Windows 10 on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Windows 10 on my desktop?: How do I get Windows 10 on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-10-on-my-desktop/37514321-4f29-46cf-949c-a07cc65f4290
  3. How do I get my Desktop back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Desktop back?: I tried to change my desktop's location, I tried to move it inside my user "Valentina". Once I moved it new folders appeared in my desktop, when I looked for my desktop's location my user was gone and now its like this: Any time I open a folder this message appears:In...
  4. How do I get my Desktop back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Desktop back?: I tried to change my desktop's location, I tried to move it inside my user "Valentina". Once I moved it new folders appeared in my desktop, when I looked for my desktop's location my user was gone and now its like this: Any time I open a folder this message appears:In...
  5. How do I get my Desktop back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons and Short Cuts Disappeared over night. How do i get them back?: I am running windows 10 version 4 When starting up this morning and going to my desktop overnight my short cuts and prints to desk top have disappeared. How do i get them back on the desktop. I cannot remember everything that was on there, but I do know my excel and word...
  7. How do Microsoft employees sleep at night?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do Microsoft employees sleep at night?: Thanks Microsoft, for using your monopoly power to force updates on my PC. Worked fine on Thurs, then you updated it. Hasn't been able to boot since. Just swirling in the toilet bowl of your garbage upgrade process and crashing. In a fair world, you'd be liable for the...
  8. How do I get this off of my desktop?

How do I get this off of my desktop?: The bar in the screenshot: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-this-off-of-my-desktop/192460dc-8bd2-4712-b28e-81ba5b97e259
  9. how do i get my desktop back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i get my desktop back?: last update no desktop. I do not want this crap. this is not what I purchased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-desktop-back/47124c19-7982-4f3c-94bd-7869ad3badf3
  10. How do i run Night Light through Batch?

How do i run Night Light through Batch?: The subject says it all - I want to be able to run a command, that activates/deactivates Night Light through cmd/bat. I found a code that detects operating systems, and I made it seperate the choices between "True" (Windows 10) and "False"(Other). The marked *ACTIVATION...