Windows 10: how do I get my documents back, I did system restore.

Discus and support how do I get my documents back, I did system restore. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did system restore but my documents did not return. My hisbands medical and mine were in there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JillPechauer, Sep 5, 2019.

1. how do I get my documents back, I did system restore.

I did system restore but my documents did not return.

My hisbands medical and mine were in there

:)

JillPechauer, Sep 5, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 5, 2019
  3. How to restore a text document to its previous form?

Have you tried saving a new document not following the same steps you did prior to this concern? If so, did you experience the same issue?

In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the text document.
    • Choose Restore previous versions.
    • Go to Previous Versions tab.
    • Look for the previous version of the document.
    • Choose Open or Restore.
    • Click on Apply.

The steps will allow you to browse all previous versions of the document.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Desiree Yau, Sep 5, 2019
  4. how do I get my documents back, I did system restore.

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

how do I get my documents back, I did system restore.

1. how do I get my documents back, I did system restore. - Similar Threads - documents did system

2. I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it: i moved my documents folder to drive D: and i cant change it back to its default placetrying to click restore to default gives me this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-moved-my-documents-folder-how-do-i-restore-it/2e33b37d-15c9-48c4-8cee-1be658daf772
  3. I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I moved my documents folder. how do i restore it: i moved my documents folder to drive D: and i cant change it back to its default placetrying to click restore to default gives me this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-moved-my-documents-folder-how-do-i-restore-it/2e33b37d-15c9-48c4-8cee-1be658daf772
  4. Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?

Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?: Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?And why did I have to copy and paste my question from above into this second text box?...
  5. How do i get back my documents shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get back my documents shortcut?: Hi,The documents shortcut on my computer disappeared, How do i enable it back?What i am doing right now to access my files is going from C:/Users/username/DocumentsThe last time the documents folder appeared is when my onedrive was on....
  6. How do i get back my documents shortcut?

How do i get back my documents shortcut?: Hi,The documents shortcut on my computer disappeared, How do i enable it back?What i am doing right now to access my files is going from C:/Users/username/DocumentsThe last time the documents folder appeared is when my onedrive was on....
  7. How do I restore my system files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I restore my system files?: I think I merged the Documents and Videos folders. Both of the files are named document and the object name is ‪both "C:\Users\PC\Videos" and "‪C:\Users\PC\Videos - copy". I'm trying to solve the problem for a hour but I don't think I can do anything about it on my own....
  8. How do I restore my system files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my system files?: I think I merged the Documents and Videos folders. Both of the files are named document and the object name is ‪both "C:\Users\PC\Videos" and "‪C:\Users\PC\Videos - copy". I'm trying to solve the problem for a hour but I don't think I can do anything about it on my own....
  9. How do I restore my system files?

10. Where did Paint go? How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did Paint go? How do I get it back?: I use Paint almost daily. I have an 11 month old HP laptop, which came with Windows 10. And with Paint. Overnight, Paint disappeared. I used it yesterday. Today when I type paint in the search box, nothing. Where is it? Where can I get it and download it?...